20lbs and counting but cant see it

Options
5'5
254 sw
234 cw
190 gw
Calorie counting and that's it.
Started June 1st
Attempting to safely get to my goal by feburary 1st. Is it possible?
I'm just done being fat. Always want before and after for inspiration!
5en6srj3afzb.jpg
9j7umo1cyyms.jpg

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Girl I CAN see the weight loss good- don't be hard on yourself- be kind t yourself- what would you tell a friend IF she had lost weight- THEN say it to yourself and keep going. You are doing awesome.
  • CheekyChiq88
    CheekyChiq88 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You can do this for sure and hey i'm tired of being the fat friend too and will join you! I would like to lose at least 50 lbs by Jan 2019
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Nice work with your first 20 lbs! By my math your pace is right at 1.667 lbs/week which is safe, healthy and reasonable sustainable.

Try not to get discouraged about not perceiving changes, these things take time and you see yourself everyday. Consider your loss as a percentage of your total weight; 20 lbs is <8% of your total weight. How much difference would you be able to tell between 9.2 oz and 10.0 oz of water in two unmarked glasses?

To directly address you're question of if you can hit 190 by 2/1/2019; assuming your current pace you would reach 190 on 2/22/2019. However, you could attempt to create a bigger deficit up to 2 lbs/week and you could potentially get to 190 by 2/1. Granted, that assumes linear loss (uncommon) and doesn't take into account the holiday season which can be difficult for some people to maintain.

Regarding your comment of "just done being fat", I'm unsure if you're aware that weighing 190lbs for your height would still be considered obese (in terms of BMI), so having your heart set on that scale number as equating to no longer feeling fat might leave you disappointed when you get there (not that losing 60+ lbs isn't a great accomplishment). BMI is far from a perfect metric but is usually at least an "OK" guide for most people; 180 lbs is the break point between "overweight" and "obese" categories, and 150 lbs is the line between "normal" and "overweight".
  • MrsKaylaDixon
    MrsKaylaDixon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    190 is my goal for feburary. My overall goal eventually is a healthy sustainable weight.
  • barefootcassie
    barefootcassie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm similar to you, only 1" shorter though. My starting weight was 254.2 and my current weight is 233. I have taken much longer than you though. I started (this time around) Oct. 10th.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I can see it in your face straight away. You're doing great, keep going.
  • fmps5
    fmps5 Posts: 45 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You have started an awesome journey, not just weight loss, but in learning to be good to yourself... I have learned close to 50 years old to look in the mirror and find 10 positive things for any one negative (now it’s my receding hairline, lol)... once you start taking care of yourself physically, the emotional well being starts to appear and prosper... I have no doubt that you got this
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    It took 30lbs before anyone really noticed my loss - at just under 50lbs I can now see it (I could feel it earlier, just couldn't really SEE it). Keep going, you're doing great and your clothes will soon tell you it's coming off. I found the lower I got the more sidnificant small losses appeared. Good Luck x
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged... you're doing great and you have to keep your focus and determination in check. Keep doing what you are doing... it is working for you as you are losing. Make sure to take progress pictures along the way, you'll be glad you did in the long run. Your goal is completely attainable. I lost more than 100 lbs in 8 months and 4 days and all I did was start eating healthier and with more appropriate portions, logging & weighing my food using MFP and moving more. That's it. I didn't do any special diets. I opted to change my lifestyle... I didn't delete carbs from my diet. I didn't remove all sugars. I wanted to lose my weight by doing what I could do the rest of my life. I wasn't going to give up sweets forever, so why do it for a short while. It truly is about moderation. I promise it is. You can do this!! You are doing this!! You've lost 20 lbs already and you should be proud of your progress!! Don't doubt yourself... Your mind can enable or disable you. You have to decide which one you allow.
  • cutielf
    cutielf Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm 5'7 starting weight 265 current weight 247 with a goal of anything under 200. I have PCOS, my thyroid has been surgically removed and I have lupus. So losing weight has always been extremely difficult for me even when doing all of the right things. But I recently started over with a new workout plan and an antinflammatory diet and I am feeling hopeful that it will be a little easier! ❤
  • sugom2
    sugom2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    20 pounds is fantastic. You should surely be seeing it in your clothes. You can tell in the picture.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    You might not see it. But just keep at it. You're doing great. You've made a huge commitment to yourself and to your future self. It will take time for your brain to see the new you. In the meantime, keep working on new habits and being kind to yourself. I totally agree with the poster who asked what you would tell a friend who lost 20 pounds. Be your own best friend :heart:

FWIW- We can see the difference, and you look GREAT!! :wink:
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I can see it!!!!
    In your after picture, your face is very noticeably thinner.

Usually we can't see changes in ourselves month to month (that's normal) because we see ourselves everyday. Everyone else; the difference is obvious.

So congratulations on your success!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your 20lbs loss keep going going, others will see the results before you do :)
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Definitely can see it. You are doing great. Love yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!