Looking for friends!

Options
Would love some new friends to encourage and vice versa.
I’m a female in my late 20s with a long history of ED. Realistically I need to loose maybe 20-25kg, but I’m not weighing or measuring myself, instead focusing on health.
Starting an 80/20 clean eating lifestyle - so basically 80% of what I eat is clean and 20% is what I like. Coupled with a 30 minute workout at least 3 times a week. I’ve also got a heart condition so exercise is a bit limited for me as well!
Feel free to add me people, especially if you’ve also got a history of ED, or a heart condition, but also if you just want more MFP friends!

Replies

• lestansbury2323
    lestansbury2323 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey jess-- keep it up! I'm on the 80/20 philosophy too, except my greatest weakness is beer! Ha. I try to remind myself each beer is like eating a granola bar, calorically, but I work at a craft brewery and is hard to not enjoy! Trying to get to the gym 4x this week. How are you doing on your goals so far in August?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    This is a bit disturbing, actually. Everybody, but especially if you are or have been struggling with ED, should stop thinking about "clean" eating vs "what you like" - that's feeding obsession and fear. You can and should eat what you like every time you eat. And your weight/measurements is an indication of health; while it's not the only indication, weightloss when you're overweight is not in opposition to good health.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Interesting @Jess2Success you should find success here welcome to MFP add me if you wish
  • Jess2Success
    Jess2Success Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is a bit disturbing, actually. Everybody, but especially if you are or have been struggling with ED, should stop thinking about "clean" eating vs "what you like" - that's feeding obsession and fear. You can and should eat what you like every time you eat. And your weight/measurements is an indication of health; while it's not the only indication, weightloss when you're overweight is not in opposition to good health.

Yes, I should probably say ‘things that are good for my body’ rather than clean. Clean for me it’s about actually eating food rather than binging on chocolate because I’ve lost control or not eating at all - so that is what I meant by clean - ‘normal food’ It’s all done with support and medical advice and I’ve so far found it extremely freeing after 18 years of suffering from EDs! :)