First time poster

Options
Hi there never visited the community before. Looking for like minded friends to motivate each other and to be inspired by. I workout 4 days a week and still struggle to lose weight. I eat vegan(coconut curry stir fry’s etc), I cut out alcohol & hard drugs in the last 30 days and making a concerted effort to feel good about myself. Always open to suggestions. Sleep has been an issue for years and I eat relatively clean but still can’t lose this spare tire.

Replies

• germangirl2007
    germangirl2007 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you're on the right track. Aside from exercise and healthy eating, have you had your thyroid checked or a physical to see if anything else is going on that could be making weightloss more challenging?
  • OhBuddyObviously
    OhBuddyObviously Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’ve seen my doctor but he said I’m fine. Had blood work done and an ekg. Everything normal. Only supplements I take are Vega protein powder, multivitamin, omega 3+6 supplements and a probiotic. Maybe I’ll need a second opinion?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good of you to cut out alcohol and drugs! But why don't you look for successful people? There are lots in here. To lose weight, you have to be in a sustained calorie deficit. Eating clean can mean so many things that it's basically just a distraction. You need patience and focus now.
  • OhBuddyObviously
    OhBuddyObviously Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you’re talking about but I appreciate you. Could be the language barrier. Cheers brother
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you’re talking about but I appreciate you. Could be the language barrier. Cheers brother

Regardless of what you eat or what exercise you do, you have to eat less calories than you burn (a calorie deficit) to lose weight. So fill out your profile here, choose a weekly weight loss goal (1 lb per week is usually best) and get a calorie goal.

Then you start logging your food and exercise, hitting your calorie goal, and over time you will lose weight.

When you have a few moments, check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each board. :drinker: