Quick and easy vegetarian meals?

Options
Anyone know any?

Replies

• makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Rice and natto with miso soup with vegetable side dishes. Traditional japanese food is practically vegetarian.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Today I plan on opening a can of Bush's vegetarian baked beans. I'll probably microwave the beans and may add a little ketchup. That's pretty easy.

But really, there's a vast variety of levels of easiness. I made this Thai vegetable curry a few days ago and it was delicious and ready in under half an hour including chopping the vegetables. Today I made boiled angel hair pasta with jarred spaghetti sauce and a little garlic. So are you looking for more recipe ideas that involve actual cooking, or are you just looking for something simple and ready practically right away?

For example:utterly simple Tex-Mex inspired meals: taco salad (microwave some frozen beefless crumbles with a little water and taco seasoning, then use to top a salad of romaine, bell peppers, onions, refried beans, and salsa), black bean and corn salad (mix a can of black beans, a can of corn, bell peppers, tomatoes, and green onions, dress with lime, olive oil, garlic, and cayenne pepper), zucchini mushroom fajitas (saute veg with a little water and taco seasoning, wrap in a tortilla, top with guacamole), black bean burritos )wrap canned black beans in a tortilla with lime juice and onions, bake until crispy, top with salsa and olives).
  • maybebeccadough
    maybebeccadough Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Refried beans with tvp and mexican seasoning on toasted corn tortillas.
  • niamhdean97
    niamhdean97 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for meals that I can make for myself and for my little girl who is 10 months old. She eats pretty much everything
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I made a amazing vegetarian lasagna tonight and didn’t take long at all about 30 mins prep and a hour in the oven! I also make quesadillas with black beans, onions, peppers and cheese!
    I’m not vegetarian but I like to eat some vegetarian meals once in awhile :)
  • emjay196363
    emjay196363 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I pureed 1/4 c. black beans, 1/3 c. leftover mixed veggies, 1 c. chicken broth, and 2 Tblsp. salsa. Added another 1/4 c. black beans and a Tblsp. potato flakes to thicken, heated up and added 1/4 c. shredded cheese. My quick version of black bean soup.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I made this chili last night. For your 10 month old, I would suggest leaving out the poblano and reducing or eliminating the spices (although my 13month old ate a little with the spices). I also added zucchini to it since we have some from our garden.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/summer-vegetable-chili-recipe-2112338
  • jessicarose22492
    jessicarose22492 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    my favorite go-to meal that's super easy is a veggie, a carb (potatoes, quinoa, or brown rice) and a veggie meat. Burritos are a great option just throw in rice, beans, corn, and peppers :) Tofu with general tso sauce over rice with broccoli and carrots.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    tomato soup, egg drop soup, mac and cheese, grilled cheese
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love quesadillas when I don't want to spend much time cooking. Also, eggs "fried" in a few tablespoons of leftover marinara or salsa is always delicious. The eggs are super versatile, I'll usually throw in any leftover veggies/beans and either eat it with bread/tortilla or over rice. I like runny yolks but for the baby I'd scramble the eggs.

Batch cooking rice is great too, the first day I can make a thai curry for it, and then have lots of leftovers for the week. When the rice starts getting a little dry it's perfect for a quick basil fried rice. If your baby is picky about veggies (like my spouse) then try cutting them up really small to help bulk the meal without it looking like "too many" vegetables. Works at my house, especially when I can use fresh basil for some reason, maybe because it seems lighter and fresher with the basil.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options