Gone, but not given up

Options
Hello all;
It has been a long time since I have logged in here and I need to try and get back in the habit! A year ago my husband was diagnosed with Alpha-gal a tick disease that makes him allergic to meats, some dairy, and gluten intolerant. We have just gotten used to his dietary restrictions and changes and now in July I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes. I am a bit lost and overwhelmed to say the least! I have also taken on a new role at my job that is a bit out of my box, so here we go... Any suggestions, hints, or encouragement would be greatly appreciated as the journey just got a bit more complicated!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Welcome back! That's a lot at once, and at this point, I'm not hesitating to suggest you see a dietician.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back! I just returned to restart after some life challenges. You certainly do have a lot on your plate. I kinda wish someone had told me BEFORE I got full blown diabetes so I could have done things to prevent it. But I accept the consequences. There is a lot of information online about controlling blood sugar and weight loss is one of the biggest. I will be happy to support your restart and answer any questions you might have. Feel free to add me, if you wish!