Bi women weight loss support

Options
Hello my MFP friends!! I'm a 42 yr old bi woman looking for others in the LGBTQ community for friends on this weight loss journey. I have lost 32 lbs so far and 42 more to go😊 feel free to add me...my diary is open to view! I workout 3-4 times a week and do a keto/Paleo meal plan. Keep calm and keto on!!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Hi I , and welcome.
    Don't be shy about posting on the main boards.

For community, you could try this group
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/22-lgbt
    I am not part of it, but I do believe it is active.

Cheers, h.
  • Lula1068
    Lula1068 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks... joined :)
  • thinkpink73089
    thinkpink73089 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m just getting back on here after a few years hiatus. Congrats on losing all that weight! My journey has had a lot of ups and downs, so I’m 13 lbs down from my highest weight but still have 15 to go!
    I’m on a low inflammatory paleo approach diet... I’ve been dealing with some thyroid function issues and the meds and change in diet seem to be helping. I’m feeling a little discouraged though with the breakfast options. Any suggestions for something other than eggs with veggies? Lol
  • Lula1068
    Options
    Hello think pink....I am not sure how it would work for thyroid issues but I have made a few variations on low carb pancakes that are really good!!
    4 eggs
    1 cup butternut squash cooked
    1/2 cup almond butter
    Blend in blender (I use Ninja) until smooth
    Let rest for 10 min.
    Get griddle hot and use coconut oil or ghee
    Makes around 12-15 small pancakes
    You can add vanilla, cinnamon, and or stevia
    Also I have substituted the squash with pure pumpkin/banana
    I just eat them with ghee on top and warm blueberries...no honey or syrup

Happy eating!!
    Hope it helps :)
  • Lula1068
    Options
    Oh and they freeze very well!
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a mid-twenties bi lady working with my partner to get healthy and in shape! I'm not doing paleo or keto because it would be quite tricky as a vegetarian. I'm all about moderation and keeping my brain and body equally happy :)
  • Lula1068
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to share the things that are working for you and your family. It's wonderful to hear how each journey is different but works to make us healthy :)
  • PartyKardy
    PartyKardy Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yay! Add me please!!!!! Everyone!!! 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

Seriously though I live in Japan and NO ONE around me is openly LGBTQ so I would love more friends from the community :)
  • thinkpink73089
    Options
    Hello! I'm a mid-twenties bi lady working with my partner to get healthy and in shape! I'm not doing paleo or keto because it would be quite tricky as a vegetarian. I'm all about moderation and keeping my brain and body equally happy :)

Yes I love incorporating vegetarian and vegan meals as much as possible! Veggies make my skin clear and my sugar cravings go down a lot. I am anemic though so when I try to cut out meat for too long I get light headed very easily... I guess because I don’t supplement correctly ;) lol
  • Lula1068
    Options
    Had to put the Harley up :) such great riding weather here!!
  • Lula1068
    Options
    Good morning! ....or goodnight depending on where you are and shift you might work :)
    Something I find really helpful to stay on track:
    Make putting your gym clothes on a habit (think clothes first not get to the gym first)
    After putting on your clothes ...and shoes!
    You're halfway there :)
    Lots of love to you all and encouragement for a healthy happy day!!
  • Lula1068
    Options
    Morning ladies! I got through 5 days in a row of workouts!!
    Today will be enjoying family and some walking around small shops ...love treasure hunting hole in the wall places :) Have an awesome day everyone!!!
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Lula1068 wrote: »
    Morning ladies! I got through 5 days in a row of workouts!!
    Today will be enjoying family and some walking around small shops ...love treasure hunting hole in the wall places :) Have an awesome day everyone!!!

Good morning! I'm looking for friends like me too. I'm just starting Keto - 2 weeks in so far and down about 5 pounds. I'll send you a friend request. Have a great day and happy treasure hunting! 😁
  • Lula1068
    Options
    Welcome :) I have been on keto 3 months...still learning! My food and exercise diary is open to view. Thanks for friend request... Have an awesome day!
  • Lula1068
    Options
    Hey my Bi fitness friends!!
    Question: How many of you live in small...read small towns and have litty to no ways to meet a healthy partner? What do you do? How does it trigger poor eating habits?
    Just some thoughts :)
  • thinkpink73089
    Options
    I’m so greatful, recently expressed to my family that I needed some help and support with getting more active and incorporating more exercise into my routine because I’ve been stuck at a plateau for a while. So we started going on after dinner walks and I’ve been able to have that little extra free time to stop by the gym in the neighborhood and do some weights a few times a week. The support is such a game changer for me.
  • myra_luno
    myra_luno Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • Lula1068
    Options
    It really is important to have healthy partners (friends, family, loved ones) who journey with us! So glad to have you ladies!!! I'm a stress eater for sure so, having accountability is needed
  • amyjoan1
    amyjoan1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well!! I am a vegan and still love to think and talk about the foods I no longer eat!! But I can definitely lend support and motivation!!