A Product Called Walden Farms

Options
jkliles
jkliles Posts: 13 Member
I was flipping through a fitness mag during my break at work at came across an ad about a product called Walden Farms. They sell everything from BBQ sauces to pasta sauces to salad dressings ALL WITH NO CALORIES!!! They are sold in some grocery stores but their online store seems to be pretty extensive and legit. Thing is I am kinda scared to try it. Does anyone know what i am talking about and if its any good? seems to be too good to be true!

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    ive had alot of it ........ not too bad
  • cdc1995
    cdc1995 Posts: 14
    Options
    I work with a lady that loves that stuff!!!! Btw, she's lost 27 lbs.
  • BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tried some, not tooo bad...but they tasted metallic to me...like a bad aftertaste that didnt go away.
    Plus the ingredient list read like a chemistry textbook....things I couldnt pronounce.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty sure the 0 calorie things are similar to the I can't Believe It's not Butter 0 calorie spray, which 25 sprays has 20 calories... unless you only use 1 spray of the dressings (which i couldn't) it's probably safe to assume there are calories in it.

i have only tried the peanut butter myself, and honestly, it tasted like glue? i can't describe the taste... texture was odd as well.
  • tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love the jelly!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I love the blueberry syrup for pancakes and the strawberry syrup for protein shakes..
    The Chipotle salad dressing is spicey but I haven't found the BBQ or Pasta Sauces yet.. but i plan to!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have used some of the salad dressing and the chipolte ranch is good and the bacon ranch is good as well.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    What I've had tastes like chemicals.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    just Googled it..they have a Canadian site!!!! going to look into this!!!
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Tried some, not tooo bad...but they tasted metallic to me...like a bad aftertaste that didnt go away.
    Plus the ingredient list read like a chemistry textbook....things I couldnt pronounce.

how can you not pronounce tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard etc???? every ingredient i saw was pronounceable
  • mommymeyersto2
    mommymeyersto2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the balsamic vinegarette but don't really like it...
  • tatabanana
    Options
    Yeah, I don't know about this stuff. I bought a salad dressing and had to pitch it cuz it wasn't good. But, you may like it!
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I have the honey dijon dressing, and while it's better than nothing, it is very watery.
  • Kimipeli808
    Kimipeli808 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How in the world do they get ZERO calorie "tomato paste" when a fresh of the vine tomato HAS calories?! Now I have never heard of this company, but I just can't wrap my brain around how they would take ALL the calories out of things that in natural form, have calories...
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Okay I love the pancake syrup, it tastes just like real pancake syrup. Also love the strawberry syrup, and am going to try the blueberry now that someone here mentioned it....the chocolate syrup has an aftertaste I don't like and I will use it up but not buy again. The marshmallow paste...I MAY use on some low cal smores....the peanutbutter...I threw out it was awful....same with the asian salad dressing it tasted too sweet (it's all made w/ spenda) I didn't bother with the katchup b/c I don't usually use more than 30 calories of katcup and the real thing has to taste better than what looked like their version (soupy tomato stuff)
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm in loveeeee with Walden farms dressings!! I just ordered 55 dollars worth of stuff from their site. There are a few stores around me that sell their products BUT they only have a couple different kinds of dressings to choose from. If something has zero calories, I'll take it! whether it tastes amazing or not. In my opinion, it does taste good! I love the honey dijon dressing, creamy bacon dressing, bleu cheese, chocolate syrup, and thousand island dressing. I didnt care for the Asian, ranch or ketchup. I have yet to try the peanut spread, caramel dip, and fruit dip but it will be arriving in the mail any day now! Also, it may possibly have 4 calories per 2 tablespoon serving since it is legal to put zero calorie if its anything less than 5 calories per serving. Either way, where else will you find creamy salad dressing for 4 calories per serving?!?!?! The whole bottle only has 12 servings anyway so eat up!
  • iamrobyn
    iamrobyn Posts: 85
    Options
    Hello New Fitness Pals...

I signed up a while ago but just joined a gym earlier this week and finally got serious about losing weight after a medical scare.
    I found these a few weeks back and bought a bunch to try. I really liked the BBQ sauce and think that it tasted and looked no different than the regular stuff. I just made some salmon with it tonight. The balsamic vinaigrette & caesar dressings were my other favorites. What I didn’t like were the ranch & blue cheese dressings which are two of my favorite flavors. I found the ranch and the blue cheese to these to be very watery and something tasted off. I am glad that I tried the others first because I would have been disinterested in trying others if they had been my initial choice. I just got an issue of Weight Watcher’s magazine and saw an ad for the mayo, peanut butter, and cocktail sauce. I am a condiment queen so this really has struck my interest! Not so sure what I think of the flavored mayo idea. The ad said that you can that you can order up to 5 at buy one get one free (up to $24.95 off). Unfortunately the link they provided for the sale didn’t work. I sent an email to the customer service email address. If they give me a coupon code I will share it with all of you. If I have found the secret to low calorie chicken salad I may have found happiness in a jar . 
  • iamrobyn
    iamrobyn Posts: 85
    Options
    I just heard back from them. Here are the coupon codes for the site. It's buy one get one free and you can do this with up to 5 items as long as you are a first time customer.

http://www.waldenfarms.com/wja
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    how can you not pronounce tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard etc???? every ingredient i saw was pronounceable

tomato paste has calories.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    How in the world do they get ZERO calorie "tomato paste" when a fresh of the vine tomato HAS calories?! Now I have never heard of this company, but I just can't wrap my brain around how they would take ALL the calories out of things that in natural form, have calories...

They can't take the calories out. They just set portion sizes very low, and the amount of calorie-containing ingredients is also somewhat minimal. That way they can claim to be calorie-free, though just like with other nutrition label tricks, you ARE consuming calories - even if you adhere to serving sizes by weight. It's the same reason many eaters of processed foods are consuming trans fat, even if the label says "0 grams." Anything under .5 gram = 0, I guess.