Why do you eat?

Options
I eat because it's comforting, it's safe, and it makes me feel good when the world is crumbling all around me. Food has never hurt me...at least I thought, look what food has done to me...weight gain, hypertension, sob, embarrassment, isolation. Am I really the only freak in this world?:indifferent:

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I eat because my body demands fuel.... or it will stop.
  • Dellonious1
    Options
    I eat because I LOVE food..dont like the feeling of a empty belly...
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Dellonious I love-love-love your profile pic!
  • PatientBear
    Options
    I eat because, otherwise, I would die.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I eat because I love food. It makes my tummy happy. nom nom
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I eat to gain muscle mass to get ripped and toned, because before I forgot to eat all the time.....
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I wish I didn't have to eat. It consumes too much time. :laugh:

Seriously though.... I eat because my body wouldn't function without eating and I wouldn't have the energy or strength to workout. If I wasn't able to workout, I'd go insane.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I eat because it's comforting, it's safe, and it makes me feel good when the world is crumbling all around me. Food has never hurt me...at least I thought, look what food has done to me...weight gain, hypertension, sob, embarrassment, isolation. Am I really the only freak in this world?:indifferent:

Definitely not a freak - I think many of us do exactly this.
    Much as I would love to reply "I eat to fuel my body so I can perform at my best", the honest answer would have to be
    "I eat because I love food, I love the taste, the sensation, the social aspects of planning, shopping, cooking and eating, I eat for comfort, I eat for pleasure, I eat to give me energy to run".
    The last one is a new one but the others have always been there.
    I'm working on changing the "eat for comfort" line but I don't think the others will change.
    I am also working hard to build some good habits in regard to what I eat, when I eat and how much I eat.
  • greatdragon
    Options
    I eat because I LOVE food far more then I should. I love to smells the act of cooking tasting. mmm food
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    I eat to live.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    *sigh* because I have to in order to survive. lol
  • zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I over eat when I am bored, or feeling bad about myself. Other wise I eat to live, enjoy the flavors and textures, to socialize and to explore. I need to learn the difference between eating and overeating. I need to learn to control myself better.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I love cooking. I can't keep out of the kitchen. It's great though, because I can just as easily make something healthy. I'm much happier now on MFP than when I was trying to starve myself thin.
  • acrossblue
    Options
    I eat because it makes me feel better.
    It's comforting and familiar.
    I almost feel unsettled if I deny myself, even if I know it's the healthier thing to do.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I eat because....

I ADORE food.
    I LOVE food.
    I like preparing, cooking, and organizing food.
    I need fuel during my studying sessions.
    I am bored.
    I feel like eating/ chewing on something.
    It's habitual.
    It makes me happy.
    It's fun!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I eat because I love food and it's a great social activity. If we all just "ate for fuel," we wouldn't be in this situation now, would we? I'm learning to eat for fuel, but I still sure as hell eat because I love to eat. So even though I'm eating healthier and counting my calories, I'm making sure to still eat things that I enjoy and giving myself a break here or there to splurge on a night out with friends.
  • ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I eat to fuel my body for the exercise, although I love food, I try to listen to my body so I dont go overboard, so I just eat when my stomach growls are me! xxx