From borderline obese to healthy weight range in under 8 months

Options
obbzyx
obbzyx Posts: 5 Member
edited August 2018 in Success Stories
I started 2018 around the 98kg mark... unfit (partly due a calf injury), unhealthy, with a stomach size pushing into the danger zone for a variety ofissues. At 47 years, this was not a good thing. My bad back, knees and ankles were also suffering, badly... Fortunately, my wife started using the myfitnesspal app at this time. As she started showing signs of weight loss I decided to bite the bullet and utilise the app myself.

I nearly fell off my chair when I started inputting my food intake & seeing how much food (rubbish) I consuming! I had started walking again earlier in the month as the calf had started to mend. My weight had dropped slightly to 96.5 when I started using the app on January 28. Once I started making conscious food decisions to keep under the daily recommended intake, the weight started to fall off. It sounds like I needed to make wholesale dietary changes, but in reality it wasn't a major change, just a tempering of take-away food and limiting the alcohol intake during the week. The main change was to ditch using the car to drive to work & walk. 4.6km, up and down hills. 46km per week + walking the dog on the weekend gets me over the 50km mark. A relatively low impact weight buster. :)

My goal was to get to the top of my healthy weight range (83.4kg) by the time cricket training started (early September). The club threw me a curly one and decided to start 19 August. Missed out getting there by 4 days. The body feels so much better. The biggest difference is the lessening of pressure on my dodgy joints. I'm now an old(ish) man looking forward to a cricket season, rather than someone who was feeling like a liability to the team last season.

I still have a little more work to do. Would like to get to 81-82kg and maintain that weight.Thanks myfitnesspal for accompanying me on this journey. The journey isn't over, but it's great to be at a weight I haven't seen since the very early 1990's...

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!