les mills on demand

Hi Everyone, i was umming and ahhing about a gym membership and wondering whether i had enough time to make the payments of a memberships worthwhile, and then i came across les mills on demand., does anybody else do all the classes at home, it looks amazing, im off out tonight to buy a step so i can start step tonight,

Replies

• Mark_Thompson_833
    Mark_Thompson_833 Posts: 21 Member
    I would suggest cityfitness instead. Les Mills is over priced for what it is. Are you a nz'er?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    We offer them at my gym. For some of the classes, you'll want/need handweights, too.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    i dont know what a n'er is?, but i do know les mills classes quite well. i love their combat classes, i do combat all the time, this way i get to do all my fav classes, at home for a small percentage of the cost of a normal gym membership
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    les mills and beachbody on demand are similar in price

for free, you could look to fitnessblender
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    I think youtube has quite a lot of les mills tracks too........
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,365 Member
    I've used Les Mills OD for about 18 months now (previously I did BodyPump at my gym) and would recommend it. I mainly use Combat now too, but have tried out the Balance and Step workouts as well. I stream it to my TV and have ditched the gym membership - saved me about £35 per month. I find it great value and the enthusiasm of the presenters is very motivating. I also like being able to choose my own times, and shut the blinds down so no one else can see me flailing about like a *kitten* :) but then I never liked the social bit of the gym anyway...
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    i dont know what a n'er is?, but i do know les mills classes quite well. i love their combat classes, i do combat all the time, this way i get to do all my fav classes, at home for a small percentage of the cost of a normal gym membership

Les Mills is a New Zealand gym chain that went worldwide with the classes (like Bodybump). When he says NZ'r he means are you from NZ.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 87 Member
    I do Les Mills classes at my gym...didn't know you could get them on demand but maybe not here in Canada.

I would say BodyStep is the most challenging...it kills me everytime, but is the best workout.

BodyCombat is the most fun, although not as hard as BodyStep.

I have tried BodyPump too, but don't really do it that often.
  • fivelongmiles
    fivelongmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Does anyone know if it's like it used to be? I tried it for a month but gave up because all the body combat classes it would let me choose were the ones recorded in an arena setup and it kept cutting to wide views of the audience so you couldn't see what moves to do... At least it got me out to the in-person classes at the gym! But I have to admit I'd prefer the on-demand price wise.
  • zxlan1993
    zxlan1993 Posts: 13 Member
    edited August 2018
    Oh, didn't know they have lesmills on demand. I've been doing bodycombat, bodyattack and bodypump at my local gym. The classes are free for membership, so it's actually worth it.
  • leahcollett1
    I'm loving shbam right now! I tried step Thursday that was good
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    When I belonged to a gym, I took a few of the Body Pump classes and I really liked them. I also recently came across their "On Demand" videos and thought about signing up, but then I hurt my back and I'm trying to focus on strengthening my back and core right now. But I was very interested!
  • leahcollett1
    joan they have all of the workouts on there even core training, its definately worth the money i believe