BBQ supper??

Options
Raw07
Raw07 Posts: 206
Im trying to plan my supper for tomorrow and all I know is my husband wants to BBQ.

I dont want to have chicken as I had that tonight.

Looking for suggestions for a healthy bbq supper
Thanks

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    How about shrimp-kabobs?
  • DamageCase76
    DamageCase76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cedar Plank Salmon is awesome, or you could also do pork tenderloin, which is pretty lean.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Pork loin, shrimp, salmon...
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Throw some turkey sausage on the grill and serve it with pasta and grilled veggies!
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    BBQ corn, yummmm
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Smoked turkey!
  • ctaylor311
    ctaylor311 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chicken is chicken is chicken. Unfortunately, it's also one of the most versatile meats to work with. Try a rub or a marinade to mask the "chicken" flavor.
    This isn't exact, but try adding some salsa (whatever heat you like, mild to blazing), olive oil, lime juice, cumin, cilantro (fresh or dried), and a dash of salt. Marinate for half an hour to several hours covered in the fridge. Grill with a side of veggies (think fajitas) wrapped in foil to steam on the grill.

I know that I've had more chicken than I can stomach some days, but I've expanded my repertoire of cooking with spices that I normally wouldn't have tried (even Mediterranean). And unfortunately, it does seem to be the cheapest and healthiest alternative around my area.

If your other half is in the mood for steaks, try a simple rub: sugar, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, salt. The sugar makes a nice crisp layer on the meat, and definitely changes the "meat" taste into "oohh, steak" taste in my opinion.

If all else fails, try hunting around the web for "light" cooking sites. Food Network is a good source (stay away from Paula Deen, of course), or try Campbell's Soup website (easy in general, and relatively healthy if you stay away from the "cream of" recipes.)

Best of luck, and keep up the effort!
  • Becky99504
    Options
    steak and veggie kabob!