How do you tone that area under your armpits??

Options
Seriously. I know it's a strange area but I noticed tonight while trying on a sleeveless dress that although my arms have good muscle definition, there is a small area right beneath the arm pit area that seems untoned. What is that area even called and what kind of exercise would help to tone that? Push ups and the pec machine work the muscle that is closest to your chest. The area I'm referring to is towards your back.

All suggestions on how to tone this area would be greatly appreciated!:bigsmile:

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I think that muscle is your Lat? If that is the muscle you are referring to this is what exercizes will work the area (according to google)

deadlifts
    chin-up and pull-up
    pull-down
    bent-over row
    pull-over
    dumbbell-rows
    T-bar row
  • kaitoula
    kaitoula Posts: 16
    Options
    I think you're right but I really have no idea how to zoom in to that area and make it toned.
  • kaitoula
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions. I think I can try some of those exercises.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I think that muscle is your Lat? If that is the muscle you are referring to this is what exercizes will work the area (according to google)

deadlifts
    chin-up and pull-up
    pull-down
    bent-over row
    pull-over
    dumbbell-rows
    T-bar row

^^this is a great list.. generally exercises where you're using the push/pull movements in your arm. I would also add that push-ups are great for it too. And there's a lot of great machines for your lat's if you workout at a gym.
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    if you mean the muscle group right below the armpit, I believe it's called the serratus . I was watching a video about core tranning that was talking about it. It's a quick little 3 minute video it you wanna check it out: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/623484/core-strength.jhtml#series=2215&seriesId=34633&channelId=1&id=1658120

Hope this helps.
  • kaitoula
    Options
    I go to a great gym but I always feel self conscious on the weight lifting machines so I avoid them. I don't know why, it's definitely dumb of me. It is a great list and I know it would help me tremendously. I'll ask one of the floor trainers to give me a refresher course on how to use the machines properly and ignore my anxiety about how I look using them.