Packaged sugar is my drug

Options
2»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    There is a difference in the way sugar is, which is why I used the word "processed". Do people eat 5 apples at a time? Probably not. But that's not even the energy of a packet of biscuits, which is probably 7-8 normal sized apples. Yet I have eaten a whole packet of biscuits, thankfully not very often. Similarly people drink down 3-4 oranges in a few minutes, which would take 20 minutes to eat.

If you don't believe me, look up experiments that have been done on mice with processed sugar. They're just like us, they love sweat things.

You obviously did not read my post, especially the caveat at the end where I mentioned that I was NOT talking about the foods that contain sugar but the sugar itself. Remember, 100 grams of grapes (about 10-15 depending on size) has 4 teaspoons of sugar. That is a lot of sugar and is the same amount as a serving of Oreo cookies.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I can’t speak to the proper way but I lost a lot last year (150lb- food choice and exercise only) and dealt with food challenges in the beginning (I’m talking mere weeks).

For all food that I like that doesn’t fit the “healthy” category...I still eat it. I just eat it a lot less often and a lot less. There is no deprivation or cutting out in any of my eating. I don’t diet.

I train. I train hard and give my long hard workouts 100%.

Tonight I ate pizza and a chocolate dessert. I won’t spend a minute worrying about it either.

A few weeks of doing good workouts, eating good, sleep and hydration your mindset will probably begin to change.

For me it became a little negotiation with myself. If I workout hard I have to eat right or I can’t perform the way I want. One cupcake or a spinach salad with chicken and all the good stuff and a light dressing? Salad will take me longer to eat, digest and won’t feel heavy while in gym. Cupcake, one minute and leave me craving more and feels heavy at gym. Don’t get me wrong I do eat the cupcake occasionally, just not everyday.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    chromium picolineate supplement killed my sweet tooth long enough to get control, about 3 weeks.