225 at 25 - New Here

Options
Hi, everyone. My name is Nicole, I'm 25 and I currently weigh 225 pounds. This isn't my first time on the weight-loss wagon, but I'm hoping it will be my last.

At my heaviest I was 252.6 pounds. Seeing that number on my scale was so disheartening that eventually I just got sick of it, said enough is enough, and started counting calories and exercising. It was hard work, but in just a few months I managed to get down to 203 pounds. My progress was stalled when life (stress) got in the way though, and I've since gained back some of what I lost.

Fortunately, things have calmed down and my determination has returned. So, here I am again, ready to count calories and exercise. I'm hoping to find encouragement and encourage along the way, so feel free to add me.

Some of my interests outside of health and fitness are anime, reading, writing, music, gaming and witchcraft.

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I am also a returnee lol. I have 100+ to lose and at 70 it's even more important to me. Have no health issues now and know obesity can be a major cause so want to get down to a healthier weight.

Good luck on your journey! :smiley:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I encourage you to find a strategy that works even when life gets in the way, because, that's what life does. To lose weight, you only have to eat less - MFP is designed to create a calorie deficit from your NEAT - exercise is optional, but of course moderate exercise is good for you. Weight management shouldn't classify as hard work, but you need patience and willingness to eat less, consistently, for real, and forever.
  • xXThistleWitchXx
    xXThistleWitchXx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind and constructive words guys. :smile:
  • PartyKardy
    PartyKardy Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    225 was my staring weight!

So you can do it because I did it! I’m still trying to lose that final bit of weight. Anyone can add if they like :) I want more fit friends :D