Ooopss.. Back to where I started!

Options
scottie416
scottie416 Posts: 14 Member
Hi all,

Figured I would introduce myself to MFP....again! My name is Scott. I live in Toronto, am 29 and sitting at about 230 pounds.

I successfully lost 50 pounds while using MFP and kept it off for about 4 years. It is a fantastic tool!

Over the last 18 months, I gained it all back and a couple pounds more... oops! haha. Not going to bore you with all the details but over the last 18 months, I bought my first place, got a new job, and got a dog. All great things but apparently added a bunch of stress to my life and I just decided to eat it all away. Yummm..

Anyways, I am getting back on my grind and am hoping to get back down under 200 pounds, hopefully by Christmas and then tackle to other 20 pounds in the new year.

Looking for new friends to join me on this journey so feel free to add me and let's get after it together!

Replies

• Pfraidenburg01
    Pfraidenburg01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, please add me, I have been on MFP for years, but just decided to get serious.
  • jennyavery89
    jennyavery89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my story 🙈 I am so disappointed in myself my goal is to loose 2stone by Christmas... not sure if it’s achievable but here goes 💪🏼
  • kmcotterill18
    kmcotterill18 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You’ve done it before and you can do it again. Fingers crossed for you. Good luck. Add me if you want. It’s always good to have people to talk to on here
  • YoYodejavu
    YoYodejavu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh, I can relate! I kept saying it's okay to gain back a few...a few turned into 10....the spiral continued. I finally threw in the towel and decided to try going back to what worked in the past...MFP
  • romimun
    romimun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I m in the same boat. I lost 100 pounds n gained back 40. I m tired of disappointment. I will try my best to stick to logging in this time. Let’s do it. I m someone like who wouldn’t share anything but thought what the hell change starts today in my body n in my head. Thank you all for sharing your stories. I m looking forward to talk many of you here which I didn’t do in the past.
  • bella29574
    bella29574 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me!! I just weighed myself today, and noticed I regained all of the weight I lost. I'm going to try twice as hard to lose it again.
  • MissouriRose
    MissouriRose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I lost 50 and then gained back 100 lol
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Started a new job and gained my weight back due to eating my stress and anxiousness. That's why I've come back to start logging again. Best to you all getting back to goal.
  • Jan19582011
    Jan19582011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the story of my life. I would like to be added as your friend.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I lost 50 and then gained back 100 lol

I yo yoed weight wise for 40 years so four years ago I took weight loss off my list of goals forever since it never worked for me long term. Now at the age of 67 I just ask if my Way Of Eating is hurting or helping my odds to live to see grandkids and great grandkids someday. The kids are turning 21 next month and both are in college.

The funny part is without dieting to lose weight I lost 50 pounds the first year on my current WOE and maintained that loss for the past three years without thought to calories in general.

Best of success in finding the WOE that works in your case.
  • fifilan
    fifilan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I regained most of the weight I lost and am back to logging on MFP again. You may add me as a friend.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    ... finding the WOE that works in your case.

This. You have to find a method that works for you in your life. The great thing about MFP - you can learn from people who have tried lots of different methods.

• patwhite99
    patwhite99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have just started again, but the first time I didn't log my food. It would be great to be in it with others. I live in San Diego CA.