Earbud recommendations

Options
tryett
tryett Posts: 530 Member
I finally recently started going back to the gym. I found a buddy to keep me accountable and we got a decent routine going. But we are looking for earbud recommendations. I don’t particularly find the over the ear ones comfortable and great sound is a must. Do any of you have recommendations?

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I like my Samsung Gear Iconx. Completely wireless, either Bluetooth of 4 gb onboard, so I can run without my phone. They stay in my ears and sound decent enough for me. Taken to running outside with just 1 in so I can still hear whats going on around me.
  • dmille2
    dmille2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I ended up with power beats pretty nice
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I just get a pair of $20-$30 from Amazon or Best Buy. I've had the same pair for over a year, sound/work fine, don't care if I lose them.

Something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headphones-Microphone-Sweatproof-Earphones/dp/B07G3TTHQC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1535166988&sr=8-5&keywords=bluetooth+headphones

Don't really understand why you think you have to have great sound. If you're wearing them in the gym you will be listening over the crappy music the gym speakers are playing, the banging of weights and people talking. Not really an environment where great sound will really make a difference IMO.
  • brittanydubya2015
    brittanydubya2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love wireless/Bluetooth headphones. No hassle with cords! I like both apple AirPods and beats wireless
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I love wireless/Bluetooth headphones. No hassle with cords! I like both apple AirPods and beats wireless

Definitely bluetooth but no need to spend AirPods/Beats money for the gym.
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Plantronics BackBeat Fit
  • 0ysterboy
    0ysterboy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've got a couple of pairs of Yurbuds that I use for wired sound while on elliptical, treadmill, etc. For wireless, I have a Motorola Boom earpiece I use. I don't often listen to music while lifting (this is when I principally wear the earpiece) mostly listen to the news or podcasts.
  • aliyusaf
    aliyusaf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would go wireless instead of wired. After a couple of mishaps, I felt it was the way to go.

I used a pair of Bose soundsport for a year, but found that there was no blocking of outside noise, so I had to put the volume level really high to hear anything. OK, but certainly not great and I wouldn't recommend them.

I now use the Jabra Elite Active 65t and I think they are amazing. Sound is great for wireless, fit is good and they are comfortable to wear. A bit pricey, perhaps, for a pair of training buds, but I reckon about 10 hours a week usage for the next 2 to 3 years makes it more palatable.
  • tryett
    Options
    I would like great sound because I want to use them other places besides the gym. I would like one pair to serve all purposes rather than multiple pairs to keep up with.
  • suibhan6
    suibhan6 Posts: 81 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm going to keep the Samsung Gear Iconx in mind, since I own an Android phone. Just picked between two gyms of similar pricing based on the fact that the one I rejected plays what I call Late Nineties Baaad Bar Music at decibel levels that would mean I would keep finding reasons not to attend. These gyms are already 35 minutes from home, don't need to have other factors keeping me away!!! The other gym has noise, but tolerable decibel levels, and I can get earphones to hear the TVs I want to hear. OR my own music.

Additional Android compatible ideas are welcome here.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    backbeats fit and jaybird x3 are good.

Gym headphones get their own special kind of funk to them and require cleaning investing in a water resistant set really helps with this.

• tryett
    Options
    I noticed that some of the Backbeats have sone kind of fitness training with them. What it that?
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    looks like some built in running programs that would tell you when to run intervals or speed up slow down. Honestly any number of free apps would do this as good or better. They pair it with a subscription service to download other workouts from coaches or users like the old smart cards you used to plug into treadmills and other equipment.
  • tryett
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    I just get a pair of $20-$30 from Amazon or Best Buy. I've had the same pair for over a year, sound/work fine, don't care if I lose them.

Something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headphones-Microphone-Sweatproof-Earphones/dp/B07G3TTHQC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1535166988&sr=8-5&keywords=bluetooth+headphones

Don't really understand why you think you have to have great sound. If you're wearing them in the gym you will be listening over the crappy music the gym speakers are playing, the banging of weights and people talking. Not really an environment where great sound will really make a difference IMO.

Bought these. Charging them but they do sound good. And they have decent volume on them