Anyone else 60??πŸ˜•

Options
Just turned 60 and want to feel better about myself. Could use the support!

Replies

• suibhan6
    suibhan6 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 64, and just joined today. I am working on getting better healthfulness back, physical and so forth. Willing to go for mutual support!
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 and have been here for about a month now. I'm making a lifestyle change to healthier foods and more exercise and portion control. My husband was diagnosed with Type 2 back in July, and we are both committed to a healthier lifestyle.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I am 61 I have been a member here since 2013. Lost 32 pounds then got arthritis and gained it back but back on track now to lose it again.

There are probably hundreds of us older ladies on this site all with the same goal. To be the best we can be at our age.

You have come to a great place full of advice and support. Welcome :)
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    In my 60th year, does that count?
  • Psychopasta
    Psychopasta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I turn 60 next month and have been losing weight and getting fitter all year in preparation. I started the year at 217lb, am now 187 lb, so lost 30 lb and reckon I still have another 30 to do. As I'm 5'7" tall, my BMI is at the high end of the overweight zone, although I used to be well into the obese zone (BMI of ~35!). BMI is now 29, aiming to get it below 25.

One of the things that frustrates me with the 'health and fitness' industry is its focus on youth and athletic ability. All I really want to to be at a healthy weight, and reasonably fit. I'm not looking to get into the next Olympics (unless they make snoring a sport) and so much health & fitness is about conditioning yourself to be the best, fastest, yada yada yada. All I want is to be on the happy side of the line! It would be great to connect with like-minded peeps.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Yup 60 last January. Look and feel better now than I did 20 years ago. One thing I've observed from my peers is that once you stop moving, you start to rust. I for one do not intend to "go gentle into that good night". Age is not an excuse to accept and give up. I wish everyone good luck on their journey. Challenge yourselves everyday and don't be afraid to be amazing.
  • William54321
    William54321 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I am 58.4 years with 60 round the corner, been on here on and off since i cant remember when 😊, sending support invite
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    60 and some!!! 71 to be precise, feel free to add me. Good luck All
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    65 in September. Been on mfp over 2 years. Happy to help anyone that wants to friend me. A strong community helps you achieve your goals
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    61 and down 100lb with 50 to go
  • zann928
    zann928 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi ....67 and really excited about coming alongside some more 60 plus ---add me if you will :-)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Will be 61 in October. Active on MFP about 1 1/2 years, and the community and threads are what made the difference to me. Add me, but please tell me about yourself ~ my profile is open.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    64 years young here! Feel free to add me....happy to give support!

• PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'll be 60 next year! Feel free to add me
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    60 years old and very active in endurance sports. I'm interested in learning more about nutrition to fuel my workouts and help me achieve an ideal racing weight. Glad to communicate with others who share similar interests and will help if I can.
  • cathylk621
    cathylk621 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, 62 here. I lost 15 lbs on mfp 4 years ago. As I get older, I am regaining little by little, and I have to stop!!! I would like to lose 10 lbs this time around. I don't exercise at all, and know I should, but don't have motivation right now. I do better counting calories, but hope to start walking, at least. Please add me to your group😊
  • PHOTOCHAP
    PHOTOCHAP Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ..and meee..! (well September 10th I will be)
    Love using MFP and love having you guys around to help feel good!