1200 Calories and Listening to Your Body

I’ve found eating 1200 calories very manageable as long as I understand what my body is asking for. It’s possible to not be hungry on this amount of calories if you eat right. I have noticed I only get really hungry when I haven’t eaten enough protein. Some days if I’ve had a truly good meal the day before I’m not hungry at all the day after. I eat anyway of course. So eating 1200 doesn’t mean always feeling hungry. You just need to figure out what your body wants and needs. Being able to listen to your body and know what it wants based on how you feel is a very useful skill. If nothing works then you probably aren’t eating enough and 1200 isn’t right for you.

Replies

• starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    I’m not saying 1200 is the answer for everyone. I’m just saying eating that much doesn’t always mean starvation. Some people just don’t eat right and their body complains. Sometimes 1200 just isn’t right for you. If that’s the case that is fine. I eat 1500 on the days I work out.
  • FireVixen_Fayth
    FireVixen_Fayth Posts: 154 Member
    Was my post removed?
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Water helps, for me. To curb the hunger. If I listen to myself too much, it’s too much. But protein is awesome, regardless
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Was my post removed?

repost it? Maybe you 'thought' you pressed posted?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    Was my post removed?

If a mod removed it, there will be a message from them in your notifications.

It may have simply not posted.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Was my post removed?

repost it? Maybe you 'thought' you pressed posted?

One of mine vanished. I thought maybe I didn’t hit “post reply,” but then a couple people quoted it, so I know it was there. Beats me.