Nike Training Club - iPhone App

Options
just wanted to share this great workout application for all my iPhone users. (not sure if it's available on any other phone yet.)

Nike Training Club is a seriously AMAZING app. it has super intense workouts that are about 30-45 minutes long.. begginner, intermediate, and expert levels are available. there are also 15-minute workouts that focus on various parts of the body, like legs/arms/butt/etc. the app. tracks your workouts by minutes completed, and you get rewards after you reach certaub minute-goals.. rewards come in the form of awesome, healthy recipes, or even more bonus workouts.

i started these workouts to mix up my regular routine.. now, i can't live without it! it's a great way to learn new excercises and keep your workouts fun. you can also sign up for their e-mail and receive motivational e-mails every now & then.

try it.. it's SO worth it! :)

Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'll check it out. I have to find new fun things to do because I get bored easily. Thanks for the info.
  • NitaCeeCee
    Options
    I agree. i've only used it once but its brilliant. if you use an ipod/iphone dock you can work out to your own music too. plus its free!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Love it. I've been using it for a couple of months now, on and off. Sweat fest. Have to change shirts afterward. And underwear.

I started off very concerned about my knees (a touch of osteoarthritis), and found that it was really easy to modify - just change "jumps" to "hops." The jumps seems to develop on their own, although the tuck jump is still beyond me.

My husband's friend "Runner Jack" who logs at least six miles a day said it was really tough, which makes me very proud that I can make it through some of the workouts without stopping. "Some" being the operative word. Either way, you're burning a ton of calories. I just wish I knew how many... no moolah in the budget for a heart rate monitor anytime soon though.
  • christie177
    Options
    I love this app. I like to mix up workouts and they are great with cool down periods and such. I really love the workouts though some are pretty intense!
  • treyatime
    Options
    How do you track the calories burned in MFP?