Good HRM?

Options
My sister gave me a HRM watch because she got a better one, and it's obvious why. This is a cheap one from walmart that is really hard to work with and you have to touch your fingers to the top of it to get it to take your heart rate. I have never had one before but this one seems not worth using. Are there any that take your heart rate constantly, and that you can set to start counting calories at the beginning of the workout so you know how many you actually burned? Thanks guys!

Replies

• CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Yep, you want one with a chest strap. The wrist watch only kinds are not accurate at all. The Polar F4 and F7 models are the mor popular.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I own a Polar FT4. Has a chest strap and I love it!!
  • niece04967
    niece04967 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Where would you find one of those chest strap ones? I have the wrist watch type and I KNOW it doesnt count right!! I would really like a better account of the calories I am burning!!
  • km5dx
    km5dx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 Polar units and a Nike model... The Polar ones were much better (the only reason for the second was that the first was stollen).

If you are going to do any activities outside or in groups be sure to get one with an encoded chest strap. They are much more tolerant of outside interference including the HRM of the person next to you.
  • Melinda77w
    Options
    Bump...so i can read through this later :bigsmile:
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I recently got the Polar F4 and I love it! It does have the chest strap which at first I thought I wouldn't like but once it is on I forget about it and it doesn't move around...I got mine from Amazon for like $55 which is way cheaper than buying it retail...you should check there! Good luck!