MFP and Misfit Steps

Options
I have been a MFP user for years and have had a Misfit Shine for much of that time. Recent updates to MFP have broken the link between MFP and Misfit meaning that calorie data is now inaccurate. The Misfit device is fine, and it has not had any change to its functionality. It sends its data to Apple Health without issue. It worked very briefly following an MFP update last week, but another MFP update screwed it up again.

This needs fixing properly by MFP. I am fed up with being given stupid and irrelevant “answers” from support who obviously have scripted texts that do not apply to genuine issues. If something has worked - largely for the last few years - telling me how to connect my Shine to MFP is both demeaning and unnecessary.

Please fix your app and then leave it alone.

Replies

• gigisev
    gigisev Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I, too, have had an issue in the last week with the link between my misfit and the my fitness pal app. The steps are no longer updating my calorie goals. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both apps after disconnecting and reconnecting several times and it still doesn't sync. Hopefully they fix this glitch soon.
  • taylorz37
    taylorz37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same. I use the swarovski crystal. MFP content shows in Misfit app but Misfit content does not show in MFP. Help.
  • lheaven7
    lheaven7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I been having the same issue with activities updating to MFP, I am currently using Misfit Shine 2. Help!
  • landshark2007
    landshark2007 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Still nothing from “support” other than telling me it is Misfit’s fault which it clearly isn’t.

I’ll keep banging MFP’s door until someone who knows what they are doing responds.
  • landshark2007
    landshark2007 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well, what a surprise. Yesterday, the Misfit steps magically started to work again. The only update being to MFP, making it the culprit and not others that the MFP Support person stated.

Thank you (whoever fixed this in MFP-world) and I would respectfully suggest that support people gain more training before blaming others and wasting people’s time.
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have a MisFit Ray - just bought in in July to replace my Fitbit that died in March. I loved Fitbit, never had any issues with MFP and fitbit since I bought it 2016. Just started using the Ray July 15 and it has been nothing but trouble and frustration. Syncs with MFP for a few days, then nothing, then back to syncing or only partially syncing. It is very irritating.