Sweets

Options
Struggling to stop eating sweets wtf

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I look slim & trim. What are your goals?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Sweets taste good and if you tell yourself you can't have them they become forbidden fruit. I like having a small treat at the end of each day as a way to indulge a little. I just make sure it fits my calories.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Sweets taste good and if you tell yourself you can't have them they become forbidden fruit. I like having a small treat at the end of each day as a way to indulge a little. I just make sure it fits my calories.

I do the same. In appropriate portion and fit into a generally healthy diet, a little treat every day is fine.

If you are eating too many sweets to fit into your calorie goal and still eat the foods you need, try getting into the habit of prelogging everything before you eat it. And try to take one serving of a treat, put the package away, and go eat it somewhere else. If you have a food you can't control, you might want to keep it out of the house for awhile until you have good habits set up. Good luck!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I do the same. In appropriate portion and fit into a generally healthy diet, a little treat every day is fine.

If you are eating too many sweets to fit into your calorie goal and still eat the foods you need, try getting into the habit of prelogging everything before you eat it. And try to take one serving of a treat, put the package away, and go eat it somewhere else. If you have a food you can't control, you might want to keep it out of the house for awhile until you have good habits set up. Good luck!

Yup. I had to keep ice cream out of the house for the longest time. I just finished a 4 litre tub yesterday, and I ate it all 1-2 servings a couple times a week. 3 years ago, that would never happen. It would have been gone in under a week.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I look slim & trim. What are your goals?

I just realized my goof. "You" look slim and trim. I still want to know if you have identified your goals.