Fasting

Options
138.8 lbs Began snake juice with tea fast Friday for a period of 35 hours and 35 minutes refers with cashews and began fasting for rest of Saturday and didnrefeed w 1/4 c cheese and nuts.
Sunday 9:00 am 134 lbs. ate cashews got keto strips and testing “moderate” fasting for another 8 hours.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Why? And what is snake juice?
  • DeLongWayHome
    DeLongWayHome Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Edit*fasting for another 6 not 8 as above- unless I feel like going longer.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Sounds awful.
    Why would you do this to yourself?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    OMG This is possibly the worst diet I have seen. According to the website you have to starve yourself for 48 hours consuming only the "snake juice" which consists of
    Water
    Potassium chloride
    Sodium chloride
    Sodium Bicarbonate
    Magnesium Sulphate

To keep your electrolytes up!!!!

(I have not put in the amounts or some other info as not wanting to encourage anyone to try this recipe)

Then you do what they call "tight" re-feeds then you repeat the fast for 72 hours. It is basically a starvation diet.

Seriously OP this seems to me to be an awful and damaging thing to do to your body.

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS.

ETA This from the FAQ on the website

Q Isn’t fasting the same as a calorie reduction diet?

A "No. The Snake Diet focuses on the duration between feeds. The Snake Diet addresses the question about when you eat. Calorie reduction diets are food-focused diets that focus on what you are eating. These are two very different concepts and trigger different bodily reactions."

WHAT? Seriously? This is complete bull crap. Of course it is a calorie reduction diet the people promoting this should be banned from advising people how to eat as this is just encouraging you to take longer and longer between eating, starving yourself and damaging your body.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Yikes!
  • Inspiration15
    Inspiration15 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This sounds awful. What is wrong with 138 pounds??? I am at 158 and happy. Life is short. Be healthy and enjoy. Eat real food.
  • Junebug2022
    Junebug2022 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I’d be more worried about the food then the fast.

https://youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
  • Bahamaria
    Bahamaria Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow no thanks
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,736 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.