Met my water goal

Options
I just met my goal of drinking 8 glasses of water today for the first time *ever* - well, in a good few years anyway.

It's difficult for me because drinking water used to be a huge trigger to anorexic behavior for me since I had a serious eating disorder in the past. Today I managed to not only drink all the water I should be drinking, but I didn't even do it in a disordered kind of way. When I was having issues, I would force myself to drink ultra cold water every time I was hungry and used to fill up on water whenever I had to eat with people so by the end of a meal I'd have drank like 4 glasses of water and had a few bites of food.

Does anyone else have any problems drinking water or am I just crazy on that one?

Replies

• TiffanyAnn127
    Options
    not a bit.. its funny, as I was reading this I could swear I wrote it myself. I'd drink water and chew ice chips when I was at my worst with ED. Now I just make sure I eat a meal before I start drinking my water for the day... it will always be a constant battle to fight the voice that used to be whispering in your ear every moment.
  • Zedama
    Zedama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good job! I have to say that I suck at this... I really need to increase my water intake by at least 5 glasses a day. (:
  • shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've never had the eating disorder issue but drinking water has always been hard for me. I used to hate it when I was younger, but now I can actually appreciate a nice cool, not too cold, glass with a little lemon in it. I have always struggled to get my water in with past attempts to lose weight but this time it has been going a lot better. I get up first thing in the morning and grab a fresh 16.9 oz bottle from the fridge and start sipping on it. When its gone I refill it from the fridge and go again. I do that till I have all my water in for the day and if there is still some day left I can have diet soda or juice or something after that, but not till I've had my 4 bottles. It is still hard at times and on more then one occasion I have been sitting in bed chugging down the last bottle (or even two), which makes for a fun filled night of bathroom trips lol, but I always get it in. The best days come when I follow this schedule, 1 bottle between 12 (or sooner) to 2, 1 between 2 to 4, then 4 to 6, and 6 to 8. I still have to fight it some days but I have been determined and so far have only missed my mark about 2 days in the last month.

The craziest part is as a result I have had very little diet soda since I started. That wasn't even one of my goals, I just don't have the room for it anymore, it takes everything in me to drink the 4 bottles so I rarely get to anything else. I actually treated myself tonight with a glass of Ovaltine for dessert because I had my last bottle of water with dinner.

Congrats on hitting your goal, I do know what an effort it can be but I really think it helps. I feel so much better when I'm getting my water in no matter how I'm eating. I just makes everything work a little better.
  • tragicpixie
    Options
    The bottles sounds like a good idea. I might try that.
  • jamie117100
    Options
    I know I don't meet the criteria on the water intake. I think I drink about one to two 20 ounce bottles of Ozark a day, at the most. :ohwell: I guess I should start drinking more water.