Team D'Terminators Week 2 Kick Butt August Challenge (Closed

Options
123457»

Replies

• xcbballuver
    Options
    i dont know if the recipes we post have to be original.. but this one is good and its from emilydmac

305 calories Garlic Shrimp Pasta with Mushrooms and Spinach

Ingredients:
    -6 oz (about half a box) of Barilla whole wheat Spaghetti
    -3 tsp olive oil
    -3 oz shrimp (15-20 shrimp)
    -3 cloves garlic
    -14 oz of Mushrooms, any type
    -2 cups of raw spinach

First- start boiling some water in a pot. Then- put the olive oil in a pan and heat, the mince the garlic and saute. Once the garlic starts to smell good, cut up the mushrooms and add. Saute some more.
    When the water boils, add the pasta.
    Once the mushrooms are about halfway done, add the shrimp to the same pan with the garlic and the mushrooms. Then, add the spinach and put a lid on the frying pan so the spinach is pressed down a bit. The spinach will cook in just a minute or two.
    Drain the pasta and add it to the frying pan and fold it in with the garlic, mushrooms and spinach.
    Serve! and if you want, top with a little shake of some parmesan cheese!
    Serves 3 (he has 2 servings (Mr. Metabolism!) usually and I have 1)
    One serving fills a dinner bowl or plate, I can barely finish it!

One serving:
    305 calories
    48grams carbs
    7 grams fat
    17 grams of protein
    89 mg sodium
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    1 pound of lean ground beef (96/4 is what I use)
    1 head of leaf lettuce (use whatever kind you like best)
    2 medium sized tomato’s1/2 and onion chopped
    1 cup of frozen corn (you may use canned)
    1 can low sodium black beans rinses
    2 large limes
    1 8 oz tub of Light sour cream
    1 bunch of fresh cilantro
    1 cup of cheese blend of desire (I use a Mexican blend)

Seasonings-
    Ground Cumin
    Garlic powder
    Lime juice

Brown 1 pound of lean ground beef of turkey if you like. Drain and set to the side. Chop all vegetables to desired size and add to bowl, top with black beans, corn and ground beef. In separate bowl, add sour cream with a generous amount of Cumin and garlic powder and the juice from two or three limes and mix well. Top salad fixings with the sour cream dressing and cheese and stir well. Chill for 15-20 minutes or serve as is. An additional ingredient if desired is crunched up tortilla pieces for some crunch factor.

Serves 4-6
    Calories – 333
    Carbs – 38
    Protein – 34
    Sodium – 320
    Fat – 8
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    My phone whacked out - I posted this Sunday afternoon, but didn't realize that it didn't take - I'm really sorry..
    Weight: 273.5 - Finally got back down to match Sunday lol - was up all week for some reason...

Recipe: (God Love Alton Brown!)
    Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
    Total Time: 1 hr 42 min
    Prep 20 min
    Inactive 1 hr 0 min
    Cook 22 min
    Yield: 12 servings

Ingredients

2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon xanthan gum
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup canola oil
    2/3 cup agave nectar
    2/3 cup rice milk
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    1 cup fresh blueberries

Directions

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, and cinnamon. Add the oil, agave nectar, rice milk, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth. Using a plastic spatula, gently fold in the blueberries just until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.

Pour 1/3 cup of the batter into each prepared cup, almost filling the cup. Bake the muffins on the center rack for 22 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees after 15 minutes. The muffin will bounce slightly when pressed and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.

Let the muffins stand for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Store the muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.

Nutritional analysis per serving:

Calories 250; Total Fat 10 g; (Sat Fat 0.7 g, Mono Fat 5.6 g, Poly Fat 2.8 g) ; Protein 2 g; Carb 40.5 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 455 mg

Level:
    Easy
  • lore112
    lore112 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Alton Brown!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • lore112
    lore112 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Everything done for today. Interview tomorrow for internship...more house cleaning and attacked the daily challenge. Good night all! :yawn:
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    donee . gnite