3rd introduction

Options
Hey y’all. Kristy here. I’ve used MFP about 3 times. First time I lost a ton of weight. Got pregnant and gained everything back. Tried to use MFP again but life got way more complicated. So hopefully this time will be like the first.

I do have a question though. I currently work 2nd shift and think that everything possible is working against me to lose weight simply because of that. Have you found that snacking throughout the night is better than 3 full meals plus snacks? Thinking about small snacking throughout the day. Any input from other 2nd shift peeps would be grately appreciated!!

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Whatever eating strategy works best for you is the best strategy. Calories are what matter, not what time you eat them.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    It is all about calories in, calories out. No tricks to eating shift work. Just eat within your calorie goal and it's good. Try to find foods that you enjoy and that you can maintain. If snacks are what get you through your shift then that is YOUR best strategy.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP. :) Long ago when I worked 2nd shift, I preferred to eat breakfast foods when I woke up even if it was late morning or early afternoon. I'd eat my big meal or "dinner" if you want to call it that, on my lunch hour. When I got home I'd have a small snack before bed. I didn't snack much in between due to the nature of the job.

Don't be afraid to try different strategies to see what works for you, and be sure to track what you're eating so you can have a sense of how many calories you're eating. I'd give any new strategy at least 2 weeks to see how you like it.