Protein powder for a picky taster?

Options
2»

Replies

• jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Can't remember the name, but I picked up mine at GNC, along with a BCAA supplement. I have FODMAP problems, and at the time cut out dairy on an elimination diet to get my gut under control, so got the whey Isolate (not the concentrate extract - went for lower FODMAP stuff). I have also tried the stuff at wal-mart; not bad, but got burned out on the flavor about 2/3 through that huge azz canister.
  • mikeofeconomy
    mikeofeconomy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few and disliked the vegan stuff I tried first. For flavor, I've settled on GNC Amp pure isolate (whey/25 grams protein per scoop) in Vanilla Custard and Chocolate Frosting flavors. The vanilla I use at home in smoothies with almond milk, banana, and greens, the chocolate I can tolerate with just water, so I keep it in my office and shake one up before I hit the gym.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    If you are looking for a plant based one, Olly makes one that is less gritty than others, especially when mixed with unsweetened cashew milk. It is pricey though for the number of servings you get.

If you are looking for whey I agree with previous posters, Quest is very good. My favorite is the cookies and cream flavor. It also has a nice amount of servings in 1 tub.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    If you are looking at plant-based, I like Orgain and Life's Basics. I add something to them (cinnamon, blueberries, raspberries, or occasionally almond milk).