Joining the Air Force

Hey got about 15lbs to lose. Been wanting to join the military since i was 18 I’m 25 years old now. Married 2 kids. I’ve been on my journey since April starting at 230lbs size 43 I’m right now at 180lbs size 33

Replies

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Hi and welcome! Do you have a MEPS date yet?
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,595 Member
    Wow! Tht's great progress. Keep up the great work!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,572 Member
    Wow you lost a lot of weight quickly
  • Jboogieonthefloor
    Jboogieonthefloor Posts: 146 Member
    Welcome and good luck on your continuing weight loss and working towards joining the Air Force. I'm trying to join Air Force myself, but am now playing the waiting game for a consult appointment to become available.
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Join the air national guard, better benefits and you choose your career...
  • jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    Wow...good job. Not sure about u air head fly boys ;) , but I turned 21 in Marine Corps boot camp, and everyone considered me a grandpa!

Best of luck to you, and esp your family. They are the ones who are going to make the biggest sacrifices!
  • hockeymom9294
    hockeymom9294 Posts: 2 Member
    Want to wish you good luck on your journey. My son is in the Air Force, has been in since October. He just turned 24, and there were a few that were older. You’ll do great! Congrats on your weight loss and your decision to join at Air Force!
  • xempress
    xempress Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I am currently the same weight and I also have about 15lbs left to lose before contacting my recruiter again to start the process for joining the Air Force. I’ve definitely been struggling to lose these last few pounds. My max weight for the force is 170 but I want to get to about 160-165 just so I have some leeway since weight fluctuates.
    SW: 223
    CW: 180
    GW: 160-165
  • jlrush2312
    jlrush2312 Posts: 57 Member
    I am also trying to lose weight and get fit to join the air force. I'm 28. Needing to lose about 50lbs too get to my goal weight.
    I would like to commission as an officer.