Let’s get Lean

Options
Learn to befriend being uncomfortable.
Man I don’t really know where to start! But I’ll jump in like this, all my life I have been around the weight room! So working hard has never really been a issue when it came to lifting weights and playing sports. But Boom fast forward marriage and 2 kids and that all quickly becomes a faint memory. At times i could not remember who gave birth my wife or me lmao. After college I started to really struggle with weight and some how obtained the iconic #DadBod!( Bulky with a huge belly). Being in law enforcement I knew this had to change and in order to do that I moved my family back home to Winston Salem in efforts to get my health back. In December of 2017 I weighed 290Lbs and was being told by a doctor in February 2018 that test needed to be run for fatty liver disease and maybe even diabetes. The doctor gave me a follow up appointment because he wanted to run more test. But in my mind I already knew I would not return for these test until I got my self were I needed to be mentally. I left that office with a new mind state #HealthIsWealth. I got back on my grind and started a combination of #IntermediateFasting, #KetoMeals and #VeganMeals. I replaced heavy meals with veggie shakes and did cardio for 30 minutes every day. I went back to the doctor in April feeling like a new man. When they weighed me I was 270Lbs after 2 months of changing my #Lifestyle ! He ran his test and the results came back negative for all he had previous put on me. With that boost of confidence I started hitting the gym even harder trying to find out what my body reacted to the most in boosting my metabolism and trying my hardest to keep my strength. In August of 2018 I weighted in at 248LBs! First time I had been under 250 since before the wife and kids. I type all this to motivate you! It’s not a comfortable thing to put your life out there like this. But hey if only one person reads this and gets something from it I feel like I made some what of a difference!
@transformationfitnation
#NNG #NoNeckGang #MakeThemAllBelievers #NeverSettle #Transformationfitnation #WeighLossJourney #RoadTo220 #Dontbelievemejustwatch #Natty #BodyBuilding

Replies

• NoNeckGang
    NoNeckGang Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Update I’m currently 240LBS
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Welcome to the community!
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You made a difference!
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It's always interesting to hear from other people when that rock bottom moment occurs that causes one to change thier lifestyle for the better.
    Kudos to you for making it happen man 💪