Book Recommendations?

Options
I find my "Eat This, Not That" books are great for finding low-impact options for things I want to eat when I'm feeling a little deprived. Do any of you use books as tools? What are your favorites?

Replies

• curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    In Defense of Food

I hated "French Women Don't Get Fat"
  • adventuring
    Options
    I liked Skinny B*tch, though it is abrasive.
  • Eirhren
    Eirhren Posts: 18
    Options
    Food Inc. Fantastic. Or you can just watch the documentary.
  • kmcallahan2010
    Options
    God, I love all of the books, I like to read the Abs diet...can be for women, or the original one for men, either one shares important information about what each section of the ABS diet can do for your waistline and how nutrition effects your waistline and hoistic view of your health
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed Dr. Amen books and The Biology of Belief.
  • nahhan12
    nahhan12 Posts: 79
    Options
    Anything by Michael Pollan is entertaining and enlightening.
    I recently read "Why We Get Fat: and what to do about it" by Gary Taubes and it definitely changed my perspective on weight loss and health!
  • perko2501
    Options
    The Paleo Diet for Athletes...changed my life...and is helping me become the fastest in my area of sport, lightweight rowing.
  • johnjospeh
    Options
    Biggest Loser Book Edition Guide
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Shortcuts 130 Almost-From-Scratch Recipes cookbook. Most the recipes can be made in 30min or less, taste good, & have inspired me to change some of my own recipes to make them healthier. They also list the nutritional values for every recipe.
  • change_happens
    Options
    The Seven Pillars Of Health