*** My Better-Than-Starbucks Iced Coffee - 25 calories ***

Options
I'm a sucker for iced and frozen coffee drinks, but they're expensive and they have so many hidden calories. This one tastes every bit as good as Starbucks' or McDonalds' coffee drinks, but with a fraction of the calories and cost.

You can get creative and add or change ingredients or ingredient measurements to satisfy your unique caffeine craving!

Better-Than-Starbucks Iced Coffee

2 cups chilled coffee (I make a full pitcher at the beginning of the week, and leave it in the fridge to chill)
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 Tbsp Splenda
2 Tbsp Hershey's Sugar-Free Chocolate Syrup -OR- 2 tsp vanilla extract (depending on whether I want chocolate or vanilla...)

Stir ingredients until blended thoroughly, and pour in a tall glass full of ice -OR- add to 2 cups ice and blend. Yum, yum, yum!

Nutritional Facts:

Calories: 25
Total Fat: 0.9 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 165 mg
Potassium: 45 mg
Total Carbs: 7 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 0.3 g
Vitamin A: 2.5%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: 11.3%
Iron: 3%

Replies

• becca92562
    becca92562 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try that budgeting calories for my mocha frap is getting harder and harder :-)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I miss my starbucks (but not that much)
  • tiggr62
    tiggr62 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    OMG this sounds so good. I have really cut back on my home made iced mochas because of the calories but you may have just changed this for me. If I had the Almond milk I'd try it right now. Thank you.
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    awesome idea and thanks for the recipe! i am a former starbucks junkie and miiss it so!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy! I'm going to try it tomorrow morning...I've got to cut out my Iced Caramel Latte lite addiction lol
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    When I saw a large carmel McFrape was almost 900 I thought I would die. I make them at home now too with just creamer, cold coffee, and lots of ice - not as low calorie as yours but lightyears away from a coffee shop.

Also - if you want a really strong one you can freeze some coffee in ice cube trays to bend up :):drinker:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I make these too!!!! Mine are WAY better than starbucks/mcdonalds etc!!

I use unsweetened almond milk (vanilla, plain or chocolate)
    I sweeten mine with vanilla or chocolate stevia (depending on what flavor I want)
    and I use instant coffee so I can make them 1 glass at a time and have it in less than a minute!!

I think mine are around 35-40 calories though (this is for a 16oz size)
  • Horseymama
    Horseymama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love Starbucks, so this is so going on the test menu tomorrow!! Thanks!
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to try this this afternoon.
  • morriusmfp
    morriusmfp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Quick tip - starbucks, costa etc have a secret ingredient - xanthan gum. Add a tiny pinch of this to your concoctions and it will thicken up and give it the consistency of their coffees.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    YUM
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    Very yummy sounding - gonna try!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Quick tip - starbucks, costa etc have a secret ingredient - xanthan gum. Add a tiny pinch of this to your concoctions and it will thicken up and give it the consistency of their coffees.

I've been meaning to buy some of that for some other things I want to make, gonna have to finally buy it and try some in my coffee and see what happens! thanks for the tip!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    yum!!! LOVE iced coffee, thanks for sharing!
  • pamparr
    pamparr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    have to say you caught my attention with the "S" word! Really better than? Challenge on! Going to the store right now for the almond milk, coffee brewing while I'm gone! Tomorrow I'll be $3.25 richer by not stopping at SB on my way to work! Thanks!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Boy, am I glad I prefer my coffee black!
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    BUMMMMMP
  • caitmcwill
    caitmcwill Posts: 102
    Options
    Check out the hungry girl website. she makes Swappacinos instead of Frappacinos...they are pretty delicious. She also has a guilt free recipe for McDonald's caramel frappe. There are recipes like Raspberry Mocha Swappacino, Mocha Coconut Swappacino, Vanilla Swappacino, and a Java Chip Swappacino. I love making them for dinner and most of them all have under 150 calories for 16 ounces :)
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later :smile:
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    **double post**