pITA PITA PUMPKIN EATER!!

Options
Laquaya
Laquaya Posts: 44 Member
ANYONE HAVE AND PITA LUNCH RECIPES..PREFER NOT TO REVERT TO JUNK TOMORROW FOR LUNCH. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Replies

• sheils8
    sheils8 Posts: 57
    Options
    just make a healthy salad, like chicken caesar or a waldorf salad......(even egg salad) and stuff it in the pita! delish!
  • Laquaya
    Options
    THANKS SOUNDS DELISH WILL TRY..STARTED TO GET FAMILIAR WITH PITA BREAD
  • wanderingwest
    Options
    I love pitas stuffed with hummus, chicken and lots of fresh veggies (peppers, shredded carrot, cukes, tomatoes, avocado...) whatever is your fave!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    just make a healthy salad, like chicken caesar or a waldorf salad......(even egg salad) and stuff it in the pita! delish!

same as this i'm afraid!
    at tea time(dinner) we make a ground beef mixture and add some meat then stuff with salad! but you can flavor the meat into chilli or whatever you fancy that day!
  • Laquaya
    Options
    yUM HUMMUS(HOMER SIMPSON VOICE) lol tHANKS SOO MUCH FOR WILL CONSIDER. cAN I be your friends now??? LOL Request me if that is a YES :)
  • craftydeb
    craftydeb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hummus, yes....and pine nuts, tofu, spinach and tomatoes.....good!!
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You can do so much with pita bread..................chips, sandwiches, pizza....yummmm!!! :)
  • sarmancar
    Options
    Spread a tablespoon of tomato sauce on top of the pita, then add a sprinkling of reduced fat mozzarella cheese. Top with veggies or just season with oregano & basil. Stick in the oven for 5-10 minutes, and you're good to go. It tastes good cold too. :smile:

You could also stuff the pita with these ingredients, and have a calzone of sorts.