Am I eating correctly to lose weight.

Options
Hello, everyone. I've never posted here before so I don't know if I'm in the right section but I had some questions about nutrition.

I'm 20 years old. 5 ft 0" and weigh 152 lbs. I know that I am well over my "healthy" weight for my height. I use to weigh 230lbs but I feel like I've recently reached a plateau and I'm wondering if it has to do with my diet.

This is what I've eaten today

Breakfast
Philly cheesesteak 6 inch

Snacks
Ginger candy
Grapes
Goldfish
Trail mix

Lunch
Two red potatoes
Chicken drumstick
Ranch dressing

Dessert
Orange

I also want to make a note that I burn 500-700 calories in the gym 5-6 days a week. So am I eating enough to lose weight or am I eating too much? Starting tomorrow I will replace my breakfast with protein shakes and my snacks with Ruby red. Do you have any advice?

Replies

• MelanatedBbyDoll
    MelanatedBbyDoll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Or Dinner! Only 2 meals, looks like starvation to me. I know that I couldn't maintain this, and workout too.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem... maybe you should see a dr and have your thyroid tested.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I've never posted here before so I don't know if I'm in the right section but I had some questions about nutrition.

I'm 20 years old. 5 ft 0" and weigh 152 lbs. I know that I am well over my "healthy" weight for my height. I use to weigh 230lbs but I feel like I've recently reached a plateau and I'm wondering if it has to do with my diet.

This is what I've eaten today

Breakfast
    Philly cheesesteak 6 inch

Snacks
    Ginger candy
    Grapes
    Goldfish
    Trail mix

Lunch
    Two red potatoes
    Chicken drumstick
    Ranch dressing

Dessert
    Orange

I also want to make a note that I burn 500-700 calories in the gym 5-6 days a week. So am I eating enough to lose weight or am I eating too much? Starting tomorrow I will replace my breakfast with protein shakes and my snacks with Ruby red. Do you have any advice?

I would add some vegetables to your meals. You can try some asparagus, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms with your cheesesteak, have broccoli, kale, sweet potato, green beans, cabbage or other vegetables with your lunch, maybe have some dinner to get some extra protein, and maybe replace one snack with a small handful of unsalted nuts, some olives, celery, cucumber or carrot sticks and 30g grated cheese.

You can gradually reduce sweet or salty snacks if you want to by having an extra piece of fruit or some vegetables and a dip like hummus. Protein shakes are fine, but try to switch things up for breakfast like trying oatmeal, or yogurt and fruit, or even bacon and eggs with vegetables. You could try adding more beans, pulses and wholegrains to meals if you don't already.

The more variety you have in your diet the more chance you have of sticking to a pattern of eating that's nutritious and very importantly, not boring, as that is what can make a lot of people give up. So make your meals as interesting as you can, up your vegetables, get adequate protein, try different snacks, and devise more balanced meals that make you look forward to eating them.