Keto / Intermittent Fasting

Options
nep88
nep88 Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone! Today's day 1 of my weightloss journey. I've decided to do the standard keto diet with intermittent fasting (16:8 - 16 hour fast daily).
If anyone has any ideas for recipes I'd appreciate your help!
I'm currently struggling to get my fat % in without exceeding the carbs and protein. I know with keto that I need to keep my carbs low but does it matter if I have too much protein???
My macros are 1600-1700 calories, carbs 20g (5%), protein 80g (20%) and fat 133g (75%).

Replies

• tess0708
    tess0708 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi nep88. Today is day 1 for me as well. I’m doin Keto w/ intermittent fasting as well. I spent last week searching for recipes and changing up my pantry. I found a recipe online for a no churn ice cream that has 2g carbs, fat 22g and protein 1g. My husband likes it and I’m hoping it will curb my sweet tooth. I made a vanilla and chocolate version yesterday. I tried Keto a year ago and I struggled to met the fat grams I needed. I found for me trying to reach the fat grams lead to my going over the carbs. So I’m hoping this recipe helps and keeps me from feeling deprived.

Good luck on your journey
  • iheartTaniesha
    iheartTaniesha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi nep88 ruled.me has been a great resource for me for Keto, I am restarting my journey with keto today aswell, goodluck to you!
  • MlleRuddy
    MlleRuddy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there i am on day 2 of my IT and day 1 of Keto, for recipes i looked mostly on YouTube, but i also try to keep it simple. :)