Need to try this and chat to similar minded people!

Options
Hello....Im Justine, 50 year old looking to loose about a stone and keep it off!
Im pretty active so not looking to increase exercise just need to eat healthy and stop binging in the evening on chocolate, biscuits and cake!
I drink between 1 to 2 bottles of wine a week. I think it would do me a world of good to stop drinking all together but dont think I can do it.....yet!
Anyway, would love to chat with others, always nice to know you are not alone.
Thanks for taking the time to listen.
Justine

Replies

• Gail1701
    Gail1701 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Justine! I’m a couple of mo this away from turning 50 and determined to get the weight off before my birthday. I began an eating plan back in April and so far lost 29lbs (2 stone 1lb in English money 😁). The fitness thing has just started for me and I try for at least 2 sessions a week. I know your struggle with cake, alcohol (gin in my case) but you don’t have to give it up. All in moderation and the cravings are not so frequent or intense. Because I’m losing the weight and seeing and feeling all the benefits, I’ve never had a G&T for about 6 weeks now. I just don’t feel the need for one. However, I still want those chocolate buttons when I get to a 3 stone loss!! You’ll get there, the strong woman in you will get you there.

Got for it!
    Gail
  • rivendel1
    rivendel1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your message, Gail!
    Sounds like you are doing really well, you must be really pleased especially as you are clearly seeing the results.
    Im thinking that if I count the calories it will help to keep me motivated and to know when to stop eating and drinking! lol. However, I also know that keeping this going will be hard as I have tried so many things before. Im also an emotional eater which doesnt help! Having said all that, Im gonna give it a go....

Lets keep in touch..

Justine

• pmoran525
    pmoran525 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Justine, please feel free to add me. I'm 54 and have been on this roller coaster many times. :) I have about 20 lbs I would like to loose. Current weight 147 5'2" As you, I like my beer, sometimes my vodka but I am also trying to eat healthier too.
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi Justine! I'm a 25 year old old soul looking to lose about 10-15 more pounds on my journey!

I've managed to stop buying wine and still treat myself to a glass at a restaurant if I'm eating out. It's been great! Also, see if anywhere near you stocks Skinny Girl wines!

I love my desserts so my biggest challenge is to keep them out of the house and only have a serving size if I'm offered any. Sugar is my weakness!

I'm lightly active in the day-to-day and either significantly more or less active on the weekends. I'm not really trying to change this as I find it difficult and boring to stick to an exercise regimen. I'd rather go with the flow!

Feel free to add me as a friend! I do relatively frequent updates and blog posts. Best of luck!

Megan
  • gmk38
    gmk38 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new on here I also wanting lose about 2 stone. I drink way to much so like u I'd luke to stop all together really x
  • gmk38
    gmk38 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi what's the skinny wine x