Weighing Scale Battery

When is it the time to change the weighing scale battery.

Replies

• Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    I just change mine whenever it goes flat!
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    I change it when it starts to jump either up or down without much reason. If I eat Chinese food and it's up 2kg, I get it. If I eat veggie and bean pasta and it's up 2kg, I might change the batteries.
    Regardless, if you're in doubt of the scales and it's been a while.. just change them.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    My scale has a low battery indicator.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    My scale has a low battery indicator.

mine too
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I like your mirror better. Get an analog scale instead. Go old school ;)
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Mine says it has a low battery and eventually won't give me a reading, so then I change it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I feel like my weighing scale is playing tricks on me LOOL

I'd trust the scale over your eyes.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I only use the scale at the gym - it is for humongous people.... One day I will be able to use our own scales, best get a new battery...
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    I change them at the same time I change my smoke detector batteries. Just easier to swap out all my house batteries at the same time.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    as far as i know mine does not have a low battery indicator. when it starts going wonky with readings i change them out. just had to do it last week. i might change them once a year or so
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Be sure to calibrate it every time before you step on. Lightly press on it with one foot and it resets to 0.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    as far as i know mine does not have a low battery indicator. when it starts going wonky with readings i change them out. just had to do it last week. i might change them once a year or so
    Mine does both! First it does the wonky readings (like this motioning, I apparently gained 20lbs in 2 days according to that erratic scale), then it shows the “lo” signal after it’s done messing with your mind.