Rescue Remedy

Options
Just wondering if anyone has used rescue remedy and found it helped.

Thanks

Replies

• FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Yes, I've used it. It's very mild. I don't think it's good for a full on panic attack though.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Yes, but depends on what you want to use it for. I have used it before law school exams. And at other highly stressful/emotional times. I mostly find it works when you're at the breaking point - kind of shocks the system back to reality.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Ive used it, including in labor and would go there first for anxiety. That and guided imagery and breathing before I'd try ativan klonopin or Xanax.
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    I have used it and recommend it. I occasionally suffer with anxiety and it tends to calm me down. I have also used it prior to flying and it has taken the edge off the nerves. Now when I am stressed I can't wait until the end of the day to go for a run....it is amazing how much better you feel afterwards. Good luck and I hope it helps :happy:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I give it to my anxious horses when we travel and compete.

Seriously.
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I bought for my dog the Bachblueten drops. I hoped, she stops barking nervously - it hasn't helped. I used it, too in stress situations, but it hasn't helped me, either. I'm from Germany. Germans are totally into these drops and globuli. I guess you have to believe in it for it to work...
  • glutenliz
    glutenliz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My grandma is a herbalist and she sells it at her store. I had a super traumatic event and it calmed me down. I used it later for a test I was freakin about and I felt no difference. So, Im not sure but I'd lean towards what veganbaum said, it works for big events!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    It didn't work for me at all, but ignatia amara does. It's also homeopathic - Boiron makes pellets. When I get an attack, I reach for that first. It's also small enough to put in the purse...
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i've been using it a lot lately, very stressed and anxious, overwhelmed lately because we are renovating a house and now moving. it helps me a lot, and also DBF. i only use it before bed to help with racing thoughts, but he uses it several times a day.

we love it
  • yellowdog77
    Options
    Thank you everyone.I think I am going to give it a try before I try prescription meds.

Thanks again!!