Help & Motivation

Options
Hi everyone

anyone got any tips and advice for getting motivation i keep trying and failing after only a few day to get motivation to keep up my good work and even though i get really depressed with my weight and the way i look it doesn't seem to stop me saying no to eating rubbish and not doing exercise. I really need to do more exercise this is what i'm lacking the most!!!! Help! x

Replies

• turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I find it motivating to look at success stories here on the forums!
  • Jesscox17
    Options
    stay off of the scale, that is my first recomendation. It is so variable from what you eat the day before, the time of the month, and if you just worked out. Just wt yourself once a week. Measure yourself once every 2 weeks. Do an initial measure and comit to 2 weeks of exercise and cutting your proportions and you will be shocked with your 2 week measure. and reward yourself with something little that makes you feel good.
  • wholelottadiva
    Options
    that could be partly my problem i'm obsessed with weighing myself i think i'll do that and i'm also going to take some before photos and stick them on my fridge to remind myself why i am doing it :0)
  • ohpurdysure
    Options
    My motivation comes from not liking the idea that its going to beat me.. I refuse.. when I know that all I have to to do is give a lil and the rewards are tremendous.. this is a great place for daily motivation.. stay here and u will stay true.....
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    Post your before pics around the house on mirrors with notes saying goodbye to unfit me. Then post pics of some model or somone you want to look like & post it note saying the future fit me. write your goals down & write over & over that YOU CAN DO IT! believe it own it.
    Thought to consider: HALF OF KNOWING WHAT YOU WANT IS KNOWING WHAT YOU MUST GIVE UP IN ORDER TO GET IT.
    put your bad days behind you, & start a new tomorrow. If you wish to reach a distant goal you must startby taking many steps. the bigger the goal the more steps required! You can do it, no one can do it for you, Believe in yourself, & you will be UNSTOPPABLE!

:flowerforyou: :smile: you can add me if you like .... Im always looking for positve quotes & posting them for my friends, friends help keep you motivated & Im pushy that way! Have a great evening
  • LozzaMc
    LozzaMc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    'Just ten minutes' is a rule that seems to e helping me most at the moment.

When I'm feeling all unmotivated to go out for a walk or dance or do any kind of exercise, i just tell myself 'just ten minutes then I'll stop'. More often than not those ten minutes fly by and, seeing as I'm already doing it, I just carry on for a bit longer. My 'just ten minute' walk last night ended up being an hour and 20 minutes long!

I'm finding it works with food too. If I'm craving somerhing I shouldn't i don't just scarf it like I used to, I tell myslef that if I'm still craving it in ten minutes I'll eat it. 10 minutes isn't a long time. However, it is often enough time for a craving to pass and/or for your mind to get distracted and forget about the junk/bad/etc food it was supposed to get. If you do still want it at the end of the ten minutes that's not a problem; just everything in moderation!

Brushing my teeth in tose ten minutes helps if I think I might succumb - nothing tastes nice after minty breath, lol.

I used thisa variation of this method when I quit smoking too - esp the teeth brushing part, lol.

I hope some of that helps, best of luck to you!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't wait for motivation to hit you, just start logging everything you eat and fitting in a little bit of exercise.
    As Lozza said, 10 minutes is a great way to get started. And if you stop after 10 minutes thats OK, you can do another 10 minutes later they will all add up.
    I also thinks it helps to break this whole process down into baby steps. Saying "I have to get healthy and eat better and exercise more" is really BIG and pretty vague.l
    Saying "I'm going to eat a healthy breakfast every day" or "I'm going to do 30 minutes of exercise today" is much more achievable.
    There is no rule that says you have to change everything at once. Change one thing (like breakfast for example) then once that is a habit, change another one.
    You can do it!
  • wholelottadiva
    Options
    Thanks ladies that does really help. Thanks for the tips i'm definitely going to try them out

I am doing well today i have determination in my belly today i think i'm going to go for a walk after i've finished my lunch too before i have to go back to work.