Ideal goal weight?

Options
Right, ive been at maintenance for a while now and im thinking of starting my first bulk. Looking for a slow, clean bulk, to avoid gaining too much fat. I plan on just upping my portions to get my extra calories and obviously make sure i hit my protein goals.
Currently weigh between 62kg - 63kg, height is 165cm, male, 32y/o. BF is about 10-12% depending how i measure it.
Currently following sl5x5.
I started cutting at 65kg and lost most of my excess body fat, at the end of my cut i weighed 59kg and still had a small amount of fat on my belly, but had i lost anymore weight i would have looked ill. I put some weight back on through injury and holiday and have been maintaining for about 6 weeks. I know a bulk will add some fat but i plan on gaining as little as possible. My abs are not visible, due to the small amount of belly fat, but i hope a bulk then another cut will help this, after gaining muscle.
My question is, what would be an ideal weight to aim for and a good time sacle to do it in? Ive never done this before and any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks,
Ste

Replies

• Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    How far you want to go with your bulk is really a personal preference. I typically won't let myself get over 14% bf but that can differ from person to person. If you want to limit the fat gain, I would aim for 1 lb/week of weight gain. That would take about 3 months if all goes well to put on 12 lbs (it probably won't work in a linear style like that though). Just start in a low surplus and see what it does for you and adjust accordingly.
  • stej5639
    stej5639 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Ive set mfp to gain 0.25kg per week, but will probably go up to 0.5kg / 1lb per week to be honest. Should i also eat back exercise calories or some of them, i know my fitbit wont be 100% accurate.
    Cheers
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Since you are looking to gain, I would definitely eat back the exercise calories assuming they are calculated in TDEE already. Just make sure to continually monitor your progress so you know whether you need to increase or decrease cals for your goals.