Looking for unique egg recipes

Options
I'm tired of scrambled eggs and hardboiled eggs and eggs sunny side up... anyone have any unique dish ideas featuring the lovable egg?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
  • hairjunkie
    hairjunkie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was brought to the brink of totally disgusted by eggs, until I realized I could make egg 'salad', the healthy version.. and then I became addicted.. I use 3 hard boiled eggs.. 1 whole egg, and 2 whites.. 1 tbsp lite mayo and mustard, then add salt/pepper to taste.. slightly addicting and totally healthy! You could also add celery, tomato, lettuce, spinach, etc if the plain old thing is boring =)
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Omelets, eggs on toast with bacon, souffle, ummmm. . . quiche (without the crust). egg salad.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    tons of souffle recipes out there.....oh and I found a microwave omelet maker....you can make all different kinds of those..... pretty good too...:smile:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Oh and don't forget baked custard! Nothing quite like a hot breakfast :)
  • johnhowson
    johnhowson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Stir fry with bean shoots using a small amount of olive oil. Very few calories but very tasty, quick and easy
  • JoyfulSparkle
    Options
    2 eggs, 1/2 tb parm cheese, cauliflower (steamed and fork crushed), salt and pepper, and maybe a tiny bit of cheddar shredded on top. tastes pretty good, and if you use 1/8 cup of shredded cheddar, it's less than 250 calories! You can make adjustments to make it better, but I like real cheese.
  • LadyKatarina
    LadyKatarina Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Secretly Delicious Spinach Pie
    http://www.food.com/recipe/secretly-delicious-spinach-pie-115110

I use whole wheat tortilla, turkey bacon, replace some of the whole eggs with egg whites or egg substitute and use low fat cheese. With a big dollop of salsa, this is a delicious light dinner, or perfect breakfast, and a good way to get some more veggies into your diet.

Enjoy!
    ~Kat
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Huevos rancheros!! Mmmm.... http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/1873
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I love egg white omelets with peppers, onions, spinach and tomato on a low carb tortilla or pita. I also add a couple drops of hot sauce.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I particularly like tuna salad with eggs in it. To make a healthy one I do 2 packs of the tuna, 2 tablespoons of light Miracle Whip, 1 teaspoon of relish, and one or two hard boiled eggs. YUMMY!
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i always have an egg sandwich in the am. i felt saucy so i used gouda cheese and an everything bagel thin and i think i tasted a bit of heaven lol!!
  • leyna6388
    Options
    bump
  • whitesquirrel
    Options
    This thread has made me really hungry lol - some great ideas... *runs away salivating as she has no eggs in the house*