Tips for low calorie snacks for the evenings

Anyone any ideas for evening snacking, low calorie ideas welcome. Seem to have my
Meals sorted it's the snacking that's ruin my efforts. Thank you

Replies

• GeauxL
    GeauxL Posts: 57 Member
    How many calories do you consider “low calorie”?
    Rice cakes
    Hummus & raw veggies
    No fat Greek yogurt smoothie with fruit
    Cheese sticks
    Fruit
    100 calorie snack packs
    Frozen fruit
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    and if you have a sweet tooth:

-Outshine fruit popsicles
    -Small Wrapped chocolates . Usually you can have 3 for around 170-200, depending on brand and size.
    -Check serving size of ice cream or brownie bites. Depending on flavor and brand these can actually be in reach of calorie goals.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I realized that I really like to have "something" at bedtime while we are watching TV, even when I'm not hungry. So I have been having a cup of bedtime/sleepytime tea and it does the trick for me. If I'm actually hungry, I like to eat edamame. If I want something sweet, I just bought these drumstick minis that are 110 calories.
  • ilove3g
    ilove3g Posts: 11 Member
    Skinny Pop popcorn is great and 3 cups is about 150 calories.
  • stephj1216
    stephj1216 Posts: 75 Member
    I've snacked on Fit and Active cheddar rice cakes before. Only 75 calories for 8 pieces and taste like cheetos!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Define "low calorie". For me, the perfect evening snack is a half pint of Chilly Cow ice cream, which is 190 calories - and worth Every.Single.One of them. Or if I want something a bit more filling, a serving of Triple Zero Greek yogurt mixed with 30g of Fiber One cereal, for 180 calories.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    I’m loving Yasso Chocolate Peanut frozen yogurt bars. 130 calories each and delicious.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Define "low calorie". For me, the perfect evening snack is a half pint of Chilly Cow ice cream, which is 190 calories - and worth Every.Single.One of them. Or if I want something a bit more filling, a serving of Triple Zero Greek yogurt mixed with 30g of Fiber One cereal, for 180 calories.

I second the Chilly Cow ice cream. I also like rice krispie treats. Homemade popcorn is a good one too. Beef jerky is another one of my go-to snacks.
  • A sliced apple, dipped in a hearty dollop of low fat Greek yoghurt, with some cinnamon sprinkled over. Sweet, satisfyingly crunchy, creamy and not much more than 100 calories. Filling, too.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Things you can eat for under 100 calories per serving:

Ghirardelli minis, about 35-40 calories each
    Ghirardelli squares, about 50-75 calories each
    Tea, about 0-5 calories (not counting sweetener)
    Roasted seaweed, about 30-40 calories per packet
    Laughing Cow wedges, about 35 calories each
    Mini Babybel light, 50 calories each
    You can pair the cheeses with saltines, usually about 10 calories each
    Fruit (depending on type and size of fruit)
    Veggies with low calorie dip (depending on type and size of veggies and dip)
    Low calorie ice cream, such as Halo Top, about 60-90 calories per half cup
    Cup of skim milk with chocolate syrup or chocolate milk mix (about 100 calories, depending on how much chocolate)
    Popsicles (about 50 calories each)
    Trader Joe's "nothing but fruit and nuts" snacks (about 80 calories each)
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I thought about the halo top or enlightened or skinny cow ice cream- according to how many calories you have.
    Love the individual bag of chips -usually 140-160 calories per bag
    fiber one bars or fiber one brownies etc.90-130 calories
    veggies with low cal dip or hummus
    100 calorie pks of nuts, or chips or crackers etc.
    sugar free jello with cool whip 50-60 cal.
    sugar free puddings with cool whip 80-100
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Jell-O Sugar Free Pudding in the refrigerated section... only 60 calories with a half Tablespoon of Natural Creamy PB mixed in... 45 calories for a total of 105 calories.

Pumpkin & Chocolate Chip Muffins Just 3 ingredients... 1 box of Spice Cake Mix, 1 Can of Pure Pumpkin and 60 grams of mini semi sweet choc chips. ~ approx 175 calories a muffin

Dannon Fit & Light Yogurt (love the new Pumpkin Pie flavor that is out, also the Apple Pie, Banana, Toasted Coconut and Blueberry are all good) Only 80 calories with 12 grams of protein and just 7 grams of sugar. I add 5 grams of Kind Peanut Butter Yogurt to add a little crunch... that is an additional 20 calories... so total is 100 calories

Breyers Delights - Chocolate Mini Pint, 1 mini pint 5 grams of protein and 6 grams of sugar ~ only 70 calories

Thomas Multigrain Light English Muffin at 8 grams of Fiber and 5 protein... these are just 100 calories. I slice these into, toast and top with half a Tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter for an additional 45 calories. Total 145 calories for a filling and healthy quick snack. I often have this as part of my breakfast actually.

Orville Redenbacher's - Smart Pop 100 Calorie Kettle Corn Popcorn... it's a smaller bag (about half the size of your standard microwavable bag... but plenty to be satisfying and filling. Just 100 calories.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Thank you all, haven't heard of a lot of these but will try those that I can buy. Thank very much
  • aWildFlowere
    aWildFlowere Posts: 76 Member
    wow thanks for all the suggestions! I did just buy almost all the flavors of Oikos Tripple Zero Yogurt. Tried a bit of BF's one day and it may finally be a yogurt I can stand to eat!
    www.oikosyogurt.com/greek-yogurt/triple-zero/

Looking for friends on this journey on MFP. Friend me:)
  • Seraxil
    Seraxil Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2018
    AnvilHead wrote: »

How can I get this ice cream?! I’ve had a google search and it’s only in Wales? :(

Edit: just found halo top that debtay123 mentioned is available at my local Tesco. How have I not seen this before?!!! 320 cals PER TUB?!me and hubby could binge eat a tub of ice cream together for 160 cals?!