Help after a relapse!

Options
Hi all! End of last year I reached a weight I was happy with and maintained it. Then stopped using this and put it all back on!

Motivated to lose it again - have found gym classes I enjoy, I just dont know where to start food wise.

In need of inspiration for quick breakfasts and lunches which keep you full and are healthy?

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Oh. I believe you're just approaching it wrong!

You are motivated to lose weight, you're even motivated to move more, but you're not motivated to eat less - I can understand why - at least let me guess - are you too used to being told what to eat, try to be good and do as you should, and then you rebel because you can't do it? The thing is that you can eat anything you want, you just have to eat less, and you're not supposed to stay full, but to be nourished, and healthy meals do that. Healthy meals are balanced and varied, they can be simple, but they must be appealing. Eating on the go, regarding food as a necessary evil, is paradoxically what makes us obsess over food and drives us to eating too much. Sitting down and paying attention to what you eat, eating what you desire, and enjoying it, is associated with good health and healthy weight.

Sage advice my Norwegian Yoda....lol
  • katiearmstrong153
    katiearmstrong153 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I probably should have added that i lost the weight at uni and have since moved home into a full time job and its meant my circumstances are totally different.

I find it hard to resist other peoples food (naughty lol), commute by car and dont have as much time as i did for prepping tasty lunches which I actually want to eat.

Youre all right though, the comments made me realise my attitude is totally different to before. Lets see how round two goes, thanks all!
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I spend an hour or so every week making lunches, which I then freeze to take out each day for work - if you're pressed for time maybe this will work for you? Mind you I have no problem eating the same thing each day (currently roast chicken sandwiches in my case) so only you know if this'll be too boring for you to want to eat it :)