Gastric sleeve

Options
Looking to make some friends for support who has had the gastric sleeve. I am a year and 3 months out and have lost 125 pounds. Any fellow sleeves on here?

Replies

• YvonneRae1979
    YvonneRae1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm about to have the bypass on June 12th.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on ur weightloss! I am in preparation for a sleeve at this moment! I am looking for more friends 4 support in this decision.
  • YvonneRae1979
    YvonneRae1979 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I completely support you! I get judged all the time cuz I'm getting my bypass, but those people don't have to deal with my co-morbid conditions and pain. I haven't announced it on Facebook or anything becuz I don't want to hear it.
  • zimazoom
    zimazoom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies. I am also preparing to have the Sleeve surgery, will most likely be in August and I would love to chat with and support you as well.
  • lindslaw18
    lindslaw18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I just had the sleeve surgery February 20th! I feel all of you that say you get judged about having the surgery but it's a very personal decision. It isn't always just about the weight loss. I have sever PCOS which was why my gynecologist suggested I look into the procedure. I told very few people prior to the surgery to avoid the looks and comments about it. But since the surgery, I've told quite a number of people and I've gotten fewer judgmental looks and comments than I thought I would. It has been life changing for sure! But in the best way! My entire family has benefitted. I am 3.5 months post op and as of today I'm 48.9 lbs down. I did lose some on the liquid diet the 2 weeks prior to surgery so it's been a total of 4 months. I feel so much better and I've adjusted to eating better and more often. Lots of protein has been the key.

I look forward to hearing about everyone's progress on their own journey!
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am a little over 3 years post op from the sleeve. You can add me if you'd like.
  • rhino665490
    rhino665490 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I'm 2 years post op from gastric sleeve and I'm now dealing with 35 lbs of re-gain. I worked with a personal trainer last year, then had to quit due to tax season in my accounting firm and working 16+ hour days. I lost accountability, got complacent, started stress eating crap food, and now I'm dealing with it. No, I don't regret it because I'm learning a lot in this process. I've recently gone back to school too so I'm learning how to handle stress better than I did during tax season-- I've also made a HUGE decision to quit that job too. Yay!!

I haven't posted much on MFP but feel free to add me if you'd like. I'd love the extra accountability! =)
  • BWiley98
    BWiley98 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I am 2 years out and have had a considerable regain. Im back on track and feel great. Add me if you like :)
  • mmasters63
    mmasters63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am having my sleeve surgery in the morning! Looking for support to keep me up and going too.
  • Hoodie417
    Hoodie417 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I was sleeved in February 2016. I lost about 75 lbs initially and have put on 15 lbs recently. I have been exercising 3-4 days a week for the past several months and haven't noticed a change. I recently decided to try a keto approach, have increased my water intake and increased my exercise time from 30 min to 45 min each time. Is anyone else doing keto? The problem I have comes with the amount I am able to eat. While that amount increased since the time of my surgery, I still can't eat a lot, which results in being warned by MFP that I'm not eating enough. I physically can't eat more. Is there a way to work with the setting that will allow for lower calories?
  • SimplementeSM
    SimplementeSM Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! I'm prepping for sleeve surgery! No date yet, but the goal is to have to surgery before of the year. I'm about 3 months into my supervised weight loss and I've lost 30 pounds so far. Feel free to add me!
  • Acherona
    Acherona Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just had the sleeve 9 days ago..... Would be nice to make some sleeve buddies X
  • DeRangedMouse_
    DeRangedMouse_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! I am trying to lose the weight so I can get a surgery date for my sleeve
  • mjanet22
    mjanet22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello, had the sleeve done on Dec 21, 2017 about 8 months ago. I have lost at total of 73lbs but have hit a MAJOR stall. Can't seem to make the scale move anymore. So I decided to go back and track everything and add exercise to the mix and see if that helps the scale move again. Surgery was the best decision I have done for myself, since I also have PCOS and hypothyroidism. Add me if you'd like.
  • croz1018
    croz1018 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I was sleeved 1/26/18 and have lost 76 lbs since then. My weight loss has slowed alot, so I am on here and tracking everything to stay on track and focused. Would love anyone to add me so we can support each other!!