anime/manga or k-pop fans?

Options
peachykey
peachykey Posts: 8 Member
hey! i’m looking for fellow anime fans or k-pop listeners to lose weight with! feel free to add me, and tell me your favorite anime or k-pop groups in the comments!

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    There are a few of us here.

Favorite anime would probably still be original Sailor Moon (I'm sentimental even though I know the series is terrible, lol). Manga would probably be anything by Junji Ito (Tomie, Uzumaki, etc.).

I don't do K-Pop, but I enjoy listening to a lot of Japanese (including J-Pop). Favorite musical artist from Japan is probably still the group The Pillows (they did all the music for FLCL).
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hmm my favorite anime would have to be hands down Hajime No Ippo (The Fighting First Step)
    I love all kinds of sports/shonen animes.

Favorite character from Hajime No Ippo and title match battle against Junior Light Weight Champion Mashiba Ryo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUsO2sOTjwU
  • PangPangPrincess109
    PangPangPrincess109 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Me! Me!!

My favorite anime is the Slayers series. But if I had to choose something more recent, I'd say Osamatsu-san.

I read a bit of manga, though a majority of it is yaoi and shounen-ai. I apologize for nothing (haha).

As far as listening goes, RADWIMPS, Baby metal, and One OK Rock are top faves. (And to OP, The Pillows is an awesome band)
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    The Magus Bride is the most recent show that I've been enjoying. I'm into k-pop. Hyuna, bts, big bang, and more.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    One punch man.
  • peachykey
    peachykey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me! Me!!

My favorite anime is the Slayers series. But if I had to choose something more recent, I'd say Osamatsu-san.

I read a bit of manga, though a majority of it is yaoi and shounen-ai. I apologize for nothing (haha).

As far as listening goes, RADWIMPS, Baby metal, and One OK Rock are top faves. (And to OP, The Pillows is an awesome band)

Yes!! I love, love, love One Ok Rock! I’ve been listening to them for such a long time. :D So glad to meet someone else who likes them! Also, i’m guilty for reading a few yaoi mangas myself.

• chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have way to many favorites.
    From Parasyte the Maxim to Vampire Knight or even Yuri on Ice to Assassination Classroom. My favorite is ofcourse Sailor Moon. I love kpop and jpop. Kawaii Metal is my favorite. Expecially Band Maid and Baby Metal. I am a massive weeb so feel free to add me at your own risk haha
  • chubbycatcorner
    Options
    peachykey wrote: »
    Me! Me!!

Yes!! I love, love, love One Ok Rock! I’ve been listening to them for such a long time. :D So glad to meet someone else who likes them! Also, i’m guilty for reading a few yaoi mangas myself.

Omg me to to the Yaoi. Expecially of late.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I *kitten* love KPop and Mandopop, and watch the occasional K-Drama and Chinese talent show. We're currently watching Sing! China, which is basically a Chinese version of "The Voice" (they have a YouTube channel). My favorite KPop groups of all time are 2NE1 and Big Bang. Of recent acts, I like BOL4, Blackpink, IKON, EXO, EXID, Monsta X, Twice, Red Velvet, and Momoland. My favorite Mandopop singer is G.E.M. Other Chinese singers/groups I like are Vava, MJ116, Kris Wu, Chris Lee, Meng Jia, JJ Lin, Jay Chou, and R Chord.
  • chubbycatcorner
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    I *kitten* love KPop and Mandopop, and watch the occasional K-Drama and Chinese talent show. We're currently watching Sing! China, which is basically a Chinese version of "The Voice" (they have a YouTube channel). My favorite KPop groups of all time are 2NE1 and Big Bang. Of recent acts, I like BOL4, Blackpink, IKON, EXO, EXID, Monsta X, Twice, Red Velvet, and Momoland. My favorite Mandopop singer is G.E.M. Other Chinese singers/groups I like are Vava, MJ116, Kris Wu, Chris Lee, Meng Jia, JJ Lin, Jay Chou, and R Chord.

I love black Pink! Oh and Crayon Pop. I also love Twice, and am getting into Momo
    land and red Velvet :)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    K-pop band BTS beats Taylor Swift's YouTube record for most video views in 24 hours with over 45 million.

That's about all I know about K-pop.
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Favorite all time and the movie that started my love for Animehkr2nh4rhwnq.jpg
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, G-Dragon, and BABYMETAL. Do they count?
  • chubbycatcorner
    Options
    anl90 wrote: »
    I really enjoy Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, G-Dragon, and BABYMETAL. Do they count?

Omg yes
  • lollylyndi
    lollylyndi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Loving the kpop, but to be honest I'm more into Khiphop. Sik-k, G2, DPR LIVE, Microdot , Giant Pink, Jessi, Ted Park and (Daddy) DUMBFOUNDED. That sort. All the high school rapper contestants are my children.

But of course I have a tonne of kpop bops on my phone too obvi BTS, Exo, monsta X, Drug restaurant (I think they don't count, more rock/indie vibes) OG girl groups like 2NE1, and I like CLC cause they come out with bops every now and then.
  • igotmonbebevipX
    igotmonbebevipX Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ya KPOP ya completely changed my life. It’s all I listen to now >_>