Sept. challenge **Cruisin' for Losin'** (Closed team)

Options
Hey Cruisers! This is your captain speaking. :) Hope everyone is having a successful week so far. I know i am! Gary (the guy who comes up with the daily challenges and the reason for my success!) has me working my butt off this week!! Feeling so good though! As some of you may know this is my first challenge ever and all i have to say is damn! I'm so proud of my self and dedication. It has been hard work but so worth it and i can tell it's really paying off. I am on week three and wow is this week kicking my butt! ha. An example for what i had to do today is 50 military presses, 3 sets of 21's and a 1 mile bike ride(if you don't know what some of these things are no worries! I'll post youtube clips to explain during the challenge). You are suppose to do these work outs on top of your normal every day work outs. Now for me (in the beginning) i was like "on top of my daily work outs?? what daily work outs?" :laugh: So i started walking 24 flights of stairs at my work everyday after i get off work. I have done this for 3 weeks now. This challenge has really helped me change my whole life style and what even more cool about the challenge is I'm motivating my family, co-workers and friends to work out and join MFP just by them seeing my progress. That is an amazing feeling. I am so happy to be your captain for the month of September and i promise to give you guys my all! We are going to win this team! I hope your all ready to work hard and do your best not only for your team but for yourself. We can do this!! :drinker: So if you don't mind and if you have the time go ahead and write a comment about the upcoming challenge. Let me know your goals and where your at in your life. Let me know how your week is going and keep me posted. Take care everyone! Thanks for being a part of my team! :happy:

Replies

• janiecorona
    Options
    My first goal is to be under 200 lbs! It's been a long time, probably since middle school. But I am 13 pounds away now and I am so excited to get there asap! After that I'm going in increments of 10 lb goals. Just so I don't overwhelm myself. I am doing this for my daughter & myself. I am fully dedicated to stay on this path and I have been doing great, especially the last month.

I had a question about the challenges: what if you don't have a bike and can't do a 1 mile bike ride? Will there be alternatives?

I can't wait to challenge myself even more in September! Bring it!
  • dids01
    dids01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    morning all, my goal is to be 160 by the end of september. I've recently started doing the 30DS shred and am seeing a difference in my body already. Before MFP I did relatively nothing so this site has really helped. I go back to work on 1st sept and am already planning on how I can carry on the healthy lifestyle. I like the idea of weekly challanges to do, but somethings I may not have access to i.e. a bike so wil have to walk instead. I'm planning on starting to do the C25K in september too when the nights get a little darker lol ( still not happy about my shape so will do it under the cover of darkness).

good luck to everyone I'm sure we will meet our goals especially if we support each other xx
  • lirpa1976
    Options
    looks like you guys are doing good on the August challenge! keep up the good work. I can't wait to start my first challenge in September!
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys

I am Mandy and currently at 128lbs. Final goal weight is 119lbs which seems an impossible task as I have been around 128lbs for about 3 years!!! Its really about tone now which is toally about exercise.

I have been going to the gym since the beginning of the year, although over the last couple of months that has gone by the wayside too.Life has gotten in the way in the form of my two kids who are 21 and 16.

So as I have only 9lbs to go I guess my goal is to lose at least 4lbs of them, I know that does not sound at lot but there is not a lot left of me to lose!

Slowly getting back on track this month with my regular exercise and looking forward to increasing it next month!

Mandy xx
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    About a month ago I joined a gym and it helped me lose 8 pounds and I want to lose 22 more pounds. I cant wait til sept comes so I can start doing these challenges and help me lose some more. My first goal for this is to be under 154 pounds (im 165 now) I want to be considered "normal" weight This would also hold me accountable
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to be under 200 lbs! It's been a long time, probably since middle school. But I am 13 pounds away now and I am so excited to get there asap! After that I'm going in increments of 10 lb goals. Just so I don't overwhelm myself. I am doing this for my daughter & myself. I am fully dedicated to stay on this path and I have been doing great, especially the last month.

I had a question about the challenges: what if you don't have a bike and can't do a 1 mile bike ride? Will there be alternatives?

I can't wait to challenge myself even more in September! Bring it!

Well that is awesome to be only 13 pounds away from your first goal! you are so close! I have faith that you will reach that goal if you continue to do good the rest of this month and give it your all during the challenge. :) These great decisions are going to pass on to your daughter and that is so important so great job on taking control!

To answer your question Yes there are alternatives if you don't the stuff you need for the daily challenge. But so far they have never said that you have to bike. the challenge yesterday was 1 extra mile and you can do that by walking, running, biking, or swimming or what ever you'd like. Just as long as you completed a mile. So it's pretty easy to do these challenges that hardest part is making time in your daily life to do it. But with dedication you'll learn to fit them it. :)

I can't wait to hear your success in this up coming challenge! Good luck to you! :wink:
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    morning all, my goal is to be 160 by the end of september. I've recently started doing the 30DS shred and am seeing a difference in my body already. Before MFP I did relatively nothing so this site has really helped. I go back to work on 1st sept and am already planning on how I can carry on the healthy lifestyle. I like the idea of weekly challanges to do, but somethings I may not have access to i.e. a bike so wil have to walk instead. I'm planning on starting to do the C25K in september too when the nights get a little darker lol ( still not happy about my shape so will do it under the cover of darkness).

good luck to everyone I'm sure we will meet our goals especially if we support each other xx

One of the best feelings ever is when people notice that you've lost weight! So keep up the great work! It is totally worth it! If you ever have a concern with the daily challenges just let me know and we can figure out an alternative. The most important thing is just the fact that you are exercising and eating right! That's all that really matters! Don't be ashamed at how you look and feel like you have to hide in the dark. Most likely people with think positive things if they see you working out because you're doing something about your weight. and if anything it will get them thinking/ wishing that they were working on there self as well. So don't worry about what others think. Your a work in progress!

Yes we can/ will reach the stars with each other! and we will win this September challenge!! :smile:
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    looks like you guys are doing good on the August challenge! keep up the good work. I can't wait to start my first challenge in September!

Thank you! and if you guys would like i could post the daily challenges we're doing in august so you all can have a pre start to the up coming month! :smile:
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    Hey Guys

I am Mandy and currently at 128lbs. Final goal weight is 119lbs which seems an impossible task as I have been around 128lbs for about 3 years!!! Its really about tone now which is toally about exercise.

I have been going to the gym since the beginning of the year, although over the last couple of months that has gone by the wayside too.Life has gotten in the way in the form of my two kids who are 21 and 16.

So as I have only 9lbs to go I guess my goal is to lose at least 4lbs of them, I know that does not sound at lot but there is not a lot left of me to lose!

Slowly getting back on track this month with my regular exercise and looking forward to increasing it next month!

Mandy xx

WOW Mandy i would love to be at your weight so hopefully you aren't being to hard on yourself. Yes i believe that if you continue to go to the gym and do the daily challenges on top of that then you will lose 4 pounds in the up coming month. Best of luck to you! sounds like your doing great already!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    About a month ago I joined a gym and it helped me lose 8 pounds and I want to lose 22 more pounds. I cant wait til sept comes so I can start doing these challenges and help me lose some more. My first goal for this is to be under 154 pounds (im 165 now) I want to be considered "normal" weight This would also hold me accountable

That is awesome. Well i started off at 175 (my highest) and i am currently 146! so i know how 165 feels. My goal is to also be at a "normal weight" for my BMI. The BMI calculator on this site says that 135 would be my healthy weight so i'm 11 pounds away! I'm hoping to make huge progress in September as well! and yes being a part of a team does hold you accountable. so it's great motivation! Best of luck to you and your goals! Lets kick some *kitten* in September!
  • ShaoonaRae
    ShaoonaRae Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Shauna (pronounced sha-oo-na, hence my username :]). My highest weight was 235, and I struggled to lose the first 10 pounds before I found this website. My first major goal is to be under 200. I currently weight 220 ~ish, so I have 20 pounds to go. I desperately want to be under 200 it isn't even funny. I'm 5'5".

I technically joined in April, but soon fell off the wagon with moving. My fiance and I made the decision to move into his parents house out of our apartment for an unknown period of time. They have defaulted on their house, and the bank is letting us live here for free while they try to sell it. So it was a nice option of no rent. However, I am around their groceries 24/7 which consists of 100% junk food. they have stock piles of oreos, and brownies mix, and ice cream, and little debbie snack cakes. It's temptation hell, haha.

Something that has made it extremely difficult for me is that I have extremely large breasts. On the bright side, this makes me look like I couldn't possibly weigh as much as I do (I commonly get guessed at 160-170), but it severely impairs my exercise. I can't do anything that would make them bounce, or I run the risk of tearing my own skin. It also puts much pressure on my knees. I used to run cross country, and was told I had to stop or I was going to have to have a knee replacement. I currently wear a 38I cup, 4 cups sizes bigger than a DDD, for any indication. I'm hoping with some weight loss and strength building in my knees I can run again.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Shauna (pronounced sha-oo-na, hence my username :]). My highest weight was 235, and I struggled to lose the first 10 pounds before I found this website. My first major goal is to be under 200. I currently weight 220 ~ish, so I have 20 pounds to go. I desperately want to be under 200 it isn't even funny. I'm 5'5".

I technically joined in April, but soon fell off the wagon with moving. My fiance and I made the decision to move into his parents house out of our apartment for an unknown period of time. They have defaulted on their house, and the bank is letting us live here for free while they try to sell it. So it was a nice option of no rent. However, I am around their groceries 24/7 which consists of 100% junk food. they have stock piles of oreos, and brownies mix, and ice cream, and little debbie snack cakes. It's temptation hell, haha.

Something that has made it extremely difficult for me is that I have extremely large breasts. On the bright side, this makes me look like I couldn't possibly weigh as much as I do (I commonly get guessed at 160-170), but it severely impairs my exercise. I can't do anything that would make them bounce, or I run the risk of tearing my own skin. It also puts much pressure on my knees. I used to run cross country, and was told I had to stop or I was going to have to have a knee replacement. I currently wear a 38I cup, 4 cups sizes bigger than a DDD, for any indication. I'm hoping with some weight loss and strength building in my knees I can run again.

Wow that is amazing Shauna! I can't even imagine your frustration with this! I have DD and get frustrated with that size so I can only imagine your pain/frustration! We will find ways to work around this though so that you can obtain your goal! I think that and the munchies are going to be your biggest struggle but if you know what your goal is want to stick to it then all you have to do is ask for help from your team and other MFPers and I promise we will get that much closer to your goal. Whenever you see the snacks and are temped just look at your cals (or log it before you eat it) and ask your self... "is this snack really worth that much of my calories? I'm going to be starving later!" That’s what I do and so far it has been a success. Although it is a lot harder said than done it still is possible! Just get in a habit of logging everything!! No guessing allowed! haha I learned that by estimating where my cals are at instead of logging everything really screwed me up and set me back. You can do this though. And for the exercise part we can modify some of the exercises for you so you can still get a good work out without hurting yourself. I'm glad you are a part of the team though and I know you will be to after you see the progress! Just be ready to be dedicated! And NO MORE JUNK FOOD!!! :laugh:
  • ShaoonaRae
    Options
    I've been doing okay with it so far, actually. At the end of the night if I have extra calories and really want something, I'll eat it if it's under my calories count. The thing that make's it so hard is that like... it's not that his family doesn't respect that I'm on a diet, they're all just forgetful. Like, when I got home yesterday Kelly (his mother) said very excited that she made me banana pudding (homemade) which is my favorite, completely forgetting that I couldn't eat it. On top of that, she made chicken pesto and mushrooms, also my favorite, and arg it was so hard.

Most of the time I can do it, it's just much harder than it was when we were living on our own and could control what was in the house. It can also get very depressing since his 18 year old sister literally pigs out everyday and LOSES weight. She's seriously 5'7" and 115lbs and eats more than I've seen ANYONE eat. :/
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Options
    I've been doing okay with it so far, actually. At the end of the night if I have extra calories and really want something, I'll eat it if it's under my calories count. The thing that make's it so hard is that like... it's not that his family doesn't respect that I'm on a diet, they're all just forgetful. Like, when I got home yesterday Kelly (his mother) said very excited that she made me banana pudding (homemade) which is my favorite, completely forgetting that I couldn't eat it. On top of that, she made chicken pesto and mushrooms, also my favorite, and arg it was so hard.

Most of the time I can do it, it's just much harder than it was when we were living on our own and could control what was in the house. It can also get very depressing since his 18 year old sister literally pigs out everyday and LOSES weight. She's seriously 5'7" and 115lbs and eats more than I've seen ANYONE eat. :/

Yes i know how that feels. My sister (that i live with) eats all the good food in the world and looks like a stick. It sucks but you know what i tell myself. The ones that are born like that and are all super skinny with out even trying are gonna have the hardest time later on in life. They don't know what that kind of habit is actually doing to them and when they get older they are gonna start packing on the pounds and your gonna be the skinny one because you learned earlier on the right way to keep your body looking good. So really they are at a disadvantage. That's how i look at it. :) But yea i would be very upset if i came home to my favorite dish and had it just sitting there tempting me. Maybe just have a heart to heart talk with the family and make them realize how bad you need there support. and let them know that they are making it hard on you. You can't change them and the food they're eating but you can inform them how much this means to you and hopefully they will listen and support you.
  • acasey0123
    Options
    apparently we are down a team member already (sadie) :(
  • bubblybabeuk
    Options
    See what you mean she has deactivated her account. That's really sad :o( xxxx
  • ShaoonaRae
    Options
    I think it was for the best though, she admitted in one of her topics that she was 12. I had a suspicion that she was younger than 18. She still logs food, and you can see it when she updates, I just don't think she go on the forums anymore.
  • bubblybabeuk
    Options
    Bump
  • acasey0123
    Options
    wow 12.... thats young, as you have to be 18 to be on here for liability purposes...hopefully we get a new team member soon