Looking for new friends for motivation

Options
Hi all! I used MFP about 4 yrs ago and lost 40 lbs. With life, relationships, money, stress ... I gained 55 back! I’ve tried all the major diets and had short term success but nothing that sticks (My attention span is thisbig lol). I’m looking for friends, motivators, rockstars, and other’s looking to be successful in this journey.

I’m turning 40 in January and the last thing I want to be is fat and 40 rather than fabulous & 40! Can’t wait to meet and cheer everyone along as well!

Replies

• lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I turn 40 in October next year and I'm trying to hit my goal by then. Like you I want to be fabulous and 40!! Feel free to add me and I'll cheer you along! :)
  • karalew
    karalew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new to Fit Pal. Used the WW app before.
  • mrs_njw
    mrs_njw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've just started need to lose 4 stone please feel free to add me x
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I was here also 4 years ago and gained it all back. Started a month ago. Feel free to add me. I'm past 40 but still young at heart. :)
  • MamaSarah85
    MamaSarah85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just rejoined. Feel free to add me! I have no idea how to add anyone yet. :|
  • Krazyketolady
    Krazyketolady Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I have been up and down over the years. One thing I learned is consistency is key! It’s not a diet we seek and need. It’s a CHANGE in the way we eat and live. I have a passion for helping and motivating others. Yet, motivating myself is the hardest. I’m keto and keto works if I work at staying aware of what I put in my mouth. Tracking has helped tremendously.
    This app isn’t the friendliest so not sure if I can find my way back to this thread lol
    I am on Facebook my name is Jacqueline Straub feel free to send a message/friend request and say MyFitnessPal so I know where you came from!
  • Krazyketolady
    Krazyketolady Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    jrvup684xjsp.jpeg
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I used MFP about 4 yrs ago and lost 40 lbs. With life, relationships, money, stress ... I gained 55 back! I’ve tried all the major diets and had short term success but nothing that sticks (My attention span is thisbig lol). I’m looking for friends, motivators, rockstars, and other’s looking to be successful in this journey.

I’m turning 40 in January and the last thing I want to be is fat and 40 rather than fabulous & 40! Can’t wait to meet and cheer everyone along as well!

Instead of trying major diets, focus on the fundamentals, eat foods you like in moderation and log honestly. Maintenance is often the hardest part and if you make dramatic changes they are hard to stick with beyond loss.
  • KatrinaDelRey
    KatrinaDelRey Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I’m always open to new friends so feel free to add me 😊
  • rhysleppard
    rhysleppard Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Add me people
  • cnave99
    cnave99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Always looking for more support, please add me if you’d like. 😃
  • agrube1968
    agrube1968 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me! I am on here daily and would love to have more friends for support!
  • Thenextloislane
    Thenextloislane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lolly2414 wrote: »
    I turn 40 in October next year and I'm trying to hit my goal by then. Like you I want to be fabulous and 40!! Feel free to add me and I'll cheer you along! :)

I will be 40 in April 2019. I started with "because I'm turning 40" but now I want to be that runner who is still at it at 70. I have ran 6 5k's (partially ran).... I just want to be active and feel better!

• cassandramariev
    cassandramariev Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am truly ready for a positive life change. My goal is to lose 50 lbs, which is huge, I KNOW! I started tracking my nutrition a while ago. I recently got a gym membership. I was so excited but have only went twice ): Please, help me! How do you all stay motivated in going to the gym? Especially with a 9 hour work day, a long commute home, dinner needing to be prepped, etc!
  • jawilliamsky
    jawilliamsky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 150 pounds here before but gained 40 of it back. I'm back again, always looking for support. Feel free to add me.
  • jennyrose86
    jennyrose86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me 😁
  • Peach7911
    Peach7911 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I’m in!! I’m 37 and gained 40 lbs in the year that I’ve been down with an injury. I’m better now and trying to get that 40 off!! Started at 221. Im down to 201 20 more to go!! ktzpujk5x41r.jpeg
  • kettlebell_Addict305
    Options
    Add me!!
  • vilomah_mama
    vilomah_mama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost about 25kg last year, starting on my 40th birthday! And have since put over half back on for various reasons (excuses? Probs.) and keen to get my body back - and get moving more easily again.

I’m back on mfp after being gone for a wee while... would love folk to add me if they need another member of their support crew.