Help! I have fallen totally off the wagon!

Options
It’s like all my knowledge about healthy eating and counting calories has totally disappeared! I can’t get myself to get back on the wagon
Does anyone have any encouraging words for me? Or any advice?

Replies

• JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Focus on your calorie goals. Once you get a handle on that then work on healthy eating, whatever that may mean to you.
  • stfpa
    stfpa Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I know just starting again is easier said than done so maybe you could ease into it by starting to just log what you eat. Not changing anything for a day or a few days but just logging it to get back into the habit. Then, try eating maintanence for a few days (assuming you’re eating above maintenance when you’re not tracking). Then eat at a slight deficit and go from there. I don’t know if this would work for you but I think it’s easier for me to just eat tons of calories when I’m not being mindful and choosing to block it completely out of my mind.
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Your name is KKS Mom. Be the best example you can be for KK and get after it. You can totally do this!
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone seriously I was crying as I was making this post. I have been struggling so much lately actually since last summer for some reason and I only have about 40 more pounds to lose until I will be to my goal weight. I started fresh today and so far so good. I just started watching the show GIRLS I don't know if anyone is familiar with that show well there is a girl that is a little heavier and her lover/boyfriend who works out like crazy asked her "do you eat for fun or for fuel" so I am going to start asking myself that when I want to cave and eat all the treats. Thank you guys for listening to my rant. I have no idea what I would do without this App or Forum!
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Look at it like it's an event not a process. it was just one little event, learn from it and move forward. It's not an ongoing process. Just like hitting a milestone is an event not an end to the process. Celebrate it and keep going.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Ok... I was thinking about it. The idea of a wagon is, to me, something that you ride for a while and get off of. Well, I hate to break it to you. It's more like breathing. Once you start doing it, you can't stop, or bad things happen. I struggle days to maintain or actually gain. I fear regain like I am sure you do. Thing is, I just keep "breathing". I slip weight, I add cals. To much gain, I slow down. I feel for you in a strange way. I am kinda a "kitten" hole, but I am human, well most days. Keep breathing, slow and steady. All will be well.