I don’t know what to do

jbaerson3736
jbaerson3736 Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2018 in Motivation and Support
So I’m 20 and I’ve been trying to lose weight since March and I’ve lost roughly 55 pounds. A lot of the weight I lost came from eating only one meal a day at around 800-900 calories. I realized this wasn’t healthy and saw the toll it was taking on my health, so I stopped doing this about two weeks ago. But it’s been hard, because not eating so little has caused me to gain back five pounds. Everyday I’ve been steadily gaining weight even when eating strictly 1200 calories. I’m getting to the point of extreme frustration and I’m losing motivation. At the same time, I’m so scared of gaining back everything I’ve lost and being the person I was back in march. Any tips on how to get over this hump and start losing weight again? And yes I work out atleast four times a week. I also walk atleast two miles at school everyday.

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Are you using a food scale?
  • jbaerson3736
    Yes! I weigh and track every little thing I eat
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    I think @pinuplove is bang on. When you are that low you are probably somewhat dehydrated from the fast loss and you would be amazed how much food in your system weighs! Truly. Give it some more time and wait it out. I promise at 1200 calories you will lose.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    You've lost 55 pounds in roughly 6 months, which is an aggressive rate of loss. I'm glad you've made the decision to prioritize your health and start eating more :smile:

Some gain is to be expected simply due to extra food volume in your digestive system and probably some glycogen replacement (water weight). Don't let it discourage you! Things will even out soon. Just be sure you're logging accurately (a food scale is a wonderful tool!) and using good database entries for your food so that you aren't accidentally eating more than you think. You won't gain back the weight you've lost by eating an accurately measured 1200 calories per day, or even 1500, this I guarantee.

This^. Your body needs to recover, and you need to psychologically get used to eating in a more moderate and healthy way. Hang in there!
  • jbaerson3736
    Thankyou everyone for the input !! I definitely made a mistake with eating so little, and I’ll continue eating a healthy amount. Any sort of gain on the scale gives me a little anxiety but I know now it’s for the best
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    I lost 154lbs by diet and exercise. I eat whatever I want and however much I want BUT I work it off. Once you make yourself work it off and you properly account for it and you see the body results you get at the gym you won’t always want it.

Eat right, drink water, exercise, sleep. That’s it. I’m here to help if I can. You can do it but make sure your eating enough and balanced.

In my journey twice I got too low carb which I still didn’t think I was too low and that ended up being why I plateaued. Added carbs and calories and scale kept moving.

Best of luck.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Yeh eating to little it not good. You have not mentioned what kind of exercise lifestyle you have now? does your work keep you active? The one thing I like is that exercise gives you more calories to eat. I dont go crazy, but there has to be balance to it all.

Have you consulted a physician?? might be a good idea.