A long road ahead

Hey everybody! My name is Jaelynne and I just joined MFP (again). I used the app a bit back in high school but now I need to get serious. My family has a history of diabetes and heart problems, so I can't be wishy washy about my health and weight loss anymore. I'm 22, recently married, and I want to have kids someday. I want to live a long, happy, HEALTHY life with my family. As of today, I have about 130 lbs to lose. It's going to be a long journey, but I know it's going to be worth it. I could really use some friends and support, so please feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• Sab8484
    Sab8484 Posts: 16 Member
    Welcome back! I love that you’re motivated by family. I’ve just started my journey Recently too.

My first goal is 35 kg (77lb?).

I wish you all the best! You CAN do this!
  • KristahMarie
    KristahMarie Posts: 6 Member
    I started recently, too. Wanting to live a happy, healthy life is a very good goal.
  • I just joined as well, I am making short term goals. Five (5) Lbs at a time for me. We all have to find our own paths, what works for each of us. WB, Would be Happy to help any way I can.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Recently rejoined. Have 100+ lbs to lose. My diary is open. Feel free to add me. good luck with your journey to a healthier life.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Glad you decided to get out in front of those health issues. Good Luck!
  • Hi Jaelynne,

I recently rejoined and could use some friends as well. I'm 21, so I totally get where you're at right now. Hope to here from you and anyone else who wants to be friends.

Tyler
  • JaelynneH
    JaelynneH Posts: 55 Member
    Thank you all so much for your kind words and support! It's so encouraging and means so much!
  • nancyvinci92
    nancyvinci92 Posts: 9 Member
    I joined recently
    Hope you can achieve yours too
  • megantreat5
    megantreat5 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m 23, newly married and have an auto immune! I have about 30-40 to loose and my husband and I are just getting back into it! I’m here if you need support ❤️ proud of you for getting back in the saddle!