Breakfast times??!!?!

Options
OK so advice from all is welcome. I tend to get up aroung 7.15 - 7.30, get myself ready for work, then eat brekafast when I arrive at work around 8.20 - 8.30. Is this leaving it too long after getting up to eat breakfast, should I be eating it earlier?

Also, effeects on the metabolism, does anyone know anyhitng on that? x

Replies

• carly_lauren
    Options
    I do the same I get up around 8 and then eat my breakfast around 9:15. I usually have a water before I leave home.

Do you find if you eat earlier at home you get hungry earlier for lunch? I always end up snacking more if I eat at home too
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    OK so advice from all is welcome. I tend to get up aroung 7.15 - 7.30, get myself ready for work, then eat brekafast when I arrive at work around 8.20 - 8.30. Is this leaving it too long after getting up to eat breakfast, should I be eating it earlier?

Also, effeects on the metabolism, does anyone know anyhitng on that? x
    If I have to go into the office, I'm up at 5.30 and not only would I not have time for breakfast, I don't think I could stomach eating that early in the morning. Even when I'm working at home, I don't eat until my usual breakfast time, although I'll probably have had a couple of cups of coffee in the meantime.

I usually have breakfast around 8.30/9am and find that keeps me going now until lunch at 1pm/2pm. Dinner is around 8pm once Lover Boy is back from the Big City and ready to eat.

Everybody's metabolism is different and what works for one person might not work for another. I certainly don't think it's wrong to wait for a bit after waking up before eating. Just make sure you eat well and not be tempted by muffins and croissants (well, not every day at least :wink: )
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    That should be fine.
  • uhoh_billy
    Options
    I wake up around 5:45 every morning and I couldn't possibly eat breakfast that early becuase I'll be starving by lunch! I eat at my desk at work around 8:30 and have a small snack at 10:15, and that holds me over until lunch. I find it works really well for me so far